Thread: Web server Help

Just burned his ISO

Default Web server Help

My web server is talking to consecutive ports in the range 1600:
    Starts at 1635 and goes up.
    Anyone know why this would happen? Is this an attempt to remain stealthy by communicating off different ports? Any thoughts?

What web server are you using?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    What web server are you using?
    That one, there, over in the corner, it's a grey box.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

You web server will except connections on port 80 or what ever you have setup. The server then will change its port communications to anything other than 80 and above 1024. This means that another web browser who wants to make a request to web server can do so.

This is why you might we seeing different port numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SBerry View Post
    You web server will except connections on port 80 or what ever you have setup. The server then will change its port communications to anything other than 80 and above 1024. This means that another web browser who wants to make a request to web server can do so.

This is why you might we seeing different port numbers.
    This is not the case in my experience, the request is made to port 80 yes, the the client side port is specific.

i.e. localhost:80 client:12345

Would be a typical example of a HTTP connection,

If You are running linux I have a write up on my blog of a bash script that parses netstat output, and lists a count of connections to say port 80, followed by a count per clien IP address of number of connections. ( you will have to PM me rquesting the link due to the need for 15 posts before I can link)
    ---------

OSX 10.6
    Advent Vega (Tegra 250)

Working on getting BT5 working on the Vega

My bad, you are entirely right. Its the client port. I should have really got some sleep for that was posted Cant see why your server is changing ports. Did you solve the problem?