Thread: Opinions on Alfa-AWUS036H

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Opinions on Alfa-AWUS036H

Anyway, I realize the wireless card in my PC is useless, according to madwifi's website. After countless hours of trying to get it to work without using ndiswrapper, I gave up.

I also have a laptop on the way, it actually shipped today. A HP dv9700t, which includes ipw4965 which we all know doesn't support injection, yet. So I want a good usb wireless adapter with good range. After searching on here and google, I came up with the Alfa-AWUS036H.

I would like a little input before I buy it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also any recommendations on high gain antennas for the linksys wrt54gs.
    I flashed DD-WRT on it about 2 years ago, and cranked the power to the maximum 251mw. Even though it was said it would kill the router at that setting, its been on everyday for 2 years and still works fine. I just want more range.

Thanks.

You want more info? like how much? use this http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php
    and search for ALFA its not that hard i promise

While the current driver only supports speeds up to 11Mbit, it's an excellent card and has a range far greater that anything I've seen with other USB dongles. Imo, the card is well worth its money.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_R View Post
    I would like a little input before I buy it.
    Plenty of threads and posts on this card on the forum already, mostly positive comments by the way. Personally I can also vouch for this card as I have used it on nearly a daily basis for two months now and still love it.

Also any recommendations on high gain antennas for the linksys wrt54gs.
    I flashed DD-WRT on it about 2 years ago, and cranked the power to the maximum 251mw. Even though it was said it would kill the router at that setting, its been on everyday for 2 years and still works fine. I just want more range.
    Check out the free and working DIY templates on the following page for an easy way to boost the signal:
    www.freeantennas.com
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks xCPPx, 11 mb/s is a good decent speed. I've never seen that high of a speed surfing on the net. If I need faster speeds transferring files, I use a wired link.

Apollopimp, the search only returned 3 pages and I went through each link, before I posted this. The information is somewhat diverse and I wanted current users opinions. I also did a search on the ipw4965. And your right it's not hard to search, especially will tabbed browsing

Thanks Tron, I ordered it and will review it when I had enough time to mess with it some.
    New to BT, not new to Linux.