Thread: e220 huawei usb modem trouble

Hybrid View

Default e220 huawei usb modem trouble

i hope you can help me guys on this one??? i have a usb e220 modem connected to my system, backtrack knows its there , i just dont know how to configure it to dial and connect? i know i am a big gigantic neewbbbbbbb!!!, any help would great..thankyou anyone for your time...

Support was added for the e200 into Kernal 2.6.20 so it should work out of the box.

Have a look into WVDial or if your on the Vodafone network:

Vodafone Mobile Connect Card driver for Linux is a GPRS/UMTS/HSDPA device manager written in Python, licensed under the GPL. Features: Data call handling Send/Receive SMS SIM phone book management Graphical user interface using GTK

sorry forgot to mention its not vodaphone? network 3....i have tried wvdialconf, it finds modem, but when i wvdial it states phone, username, password not found....i have googled it to solve the problem, its just actually executing the procedure? how do i edit gedit and transfer to the correct file,,,once again guys thanks for your help and time...

I am also trying to get e220 on BT.

I know you said your not on vf but here is an example of a wvdial.conf that can be used as a template things will need to be changed like Init4 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","" and other things. Hopfully this gives you something to work with.

~#nano /etc/wvdial.conf or wherever your wvdial.conf is.
    navigate with arrow keys
    save with ctrl+x Y enter.

I am having trouble installing wvdial. i have installed wvstreams-4.4.1.tar.gz and wvdial-1.60.tar.gz but when i try bt ~ # wvdialconf, i get error
    wvdialconf: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
    I know where the file is how can i show wvdial where it is, or does it need to be installed to somewhere particular?

What did you do to install wvdial on BT?

Australia - Vodafone - Hardy - wvdial.conf example

[Dialer 3g] this could also be [Dialer Defaults]

Init2 = ATZ
    Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
    Stupid Mode = 1
    Modem Type = Analog Modem
    ISDN = 0
    Phone = *99#
    Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
    username = username
    Password = password
    Dial Command = ATDT
    Baud =460800
    Init4 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP",""

Just burned his ISO

Default (Orange) Huwaei E620 3.5G Modem on eee901, BT3 Support

hey guys,

I have a eee 901 which has an huwaei e620 3.5G modem, built in,

Currently runs perfectly in my primary os, eeebuntu but i cannot get it to start in BT3

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue and how you may have resolved it.

NB. I am running BT3 from a SD Card and have not et up persistent changes.

I would be happy to install BT3 as long as the huwaei works as I need it for my travels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eee901 Atheros - Running Eeebuntu and 901 LZM'd BT3