Thread: Opinion on Some Laptops

Default Opinion on Some Laptops

I am looking for one simple laptop which is not too pricy that can run bt on it as the primary boot. Honestly i am like looking for a used laptop, something that is college worth lol. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts towards this.

Thank You

Good friend of the forums

eeepc 1000h is a cheap solution.

you can do the eee pc's they are nice and cheap. I have an eee pc 900a that i use for just simple web surfing and stuff. I had backtrack on it for a little while, but the keyboard on it is horrible.. So I went for an IBM T42, works with backtrack 3/4 out of the box. The wireless card in it doesn't do packet injection and stuff ( at least not the one that came with mine ). So you'll have to get a card of your own. As far as the price, I picked mine up off ebay for a little less than like 300.

Used Dells on fleabay are pretty cheap.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Used Dells on fleabay are pretty cheap.
    I know this comment is off topic and I apologize to the mods for that.

However, I must let Barry know that he puts a smile on my face with words like fleabay. Keep on the good work Barry
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thank you for the replies XD

What does cheap mean lol? Like how much do these laptops usually run for used?

I am basically gonna be using this laptop for programing, internet surfing, word DOC...etc

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Thank you for the replies XD

What does cheap mean lol? Like how much do these laptops usually run for used?

I am basically gonna be using this laptop for programing, internet surfing, word DOC...etc
    I wouldn't go with anything older than a D620, and they're going for around $300 and up.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I've bought a couple used IBM T42's off of "fleabay" for around $300. They work fine and BT3 and BT4 run on them without any problems at all. Very sturdy and well made also.

there's always the acer aspire one. mine was purchased for less than $300, and i've got BT4b running on it just fine via usb drive