Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aircrack-ng command crashes my whole system, i don't understand why it does this.

No worries lol,

It's been quite a long time since i've visited Remote Expoit Forums...
    Almost gave up on cracking my wireless lol, glad that this thread was useful

Just burned his ISO

Gave up?!

WTF - keep looking around on the forum. I have been successful 3x on my router with differen encryptions. I found helpful information everywhere - even ur thread.

keep trying

I am having the same issues with it freezing and quiting. I am still trying to diagnose the problem but am not there yet. One thing i was able to come up with was to change the directory that the my ivs were saved to before running the collecting command. This was able to allow my computer to run long enough to capture a bunch of packets before it quit. By saving the ivs to a folder on my hard drive i was able to rescue them after my computer froze/re-booted to then run my cracking software on.

Not sure if this is clear - but hope it helps.

Cool Kool

Well I've become a bit to busy cuz college started recently, so i won't be trying this for some while now...

The SD card that i was running accidently snapped lol, had the backtrack suite on there along with the airodump-ng capture file, with the succesfull WPA handshake, I have the actual chip of the SD Card itself, it's just the casing has been damaged, is there anyway i can get new casing, for the SD Card Chip, Or am i toast?

Just burned his ISO

Yea you could do it - hack it together - but i dont think it is worth it. SD cards r cheap and it will never look 100%. Hackaday.com just ran a article on sd card hacks that would probably be useful. Check that out

Question

thanks for the info im sure to try it out

Ahhh, i remmeber when i used backtrack last time, either the dictionary that i used was too bigg and it took forever to go through, or sometimes i was having problems with backtrack, but mostly it's the fact that the dictionary file is to big and therefore it takes time to perform the crack.

I remmeber now i was having problems with the SQL database. it kept saying aircrack is quitting... once i made it.. and used it in conjuction with the aircrack command..

Just burned his ISO

'sup guys,

been following this thread as i have the same prob... everything els works fine in the suite until time for aircrack when it restars Bt. Running bt3 from live cd (cant usb boot), saved handshake to usb as i thought cpu was overheating, but it only 'bugs' on aircrack-ng cmd. Was testing my AP with the built in dict files, so i guess 'size doesn't matter' in this case...hope someone goes "Eureka" soon...

Props to Tron, 'dangerous' and 'browncardboard' for the insight.

Trini to the Bone

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoff View Post
    been following this thread as i have the same prob... everything els works fine in the suite until time for aircrack when it restars Bt. Running bt3 from live cd (cant usb boot), saved handshake to usb as i thought cpu was overheating, but it only 'bugs' on aircrack-ng cmd. Was testing my AP with the built in dict files, so i guess 'size doesn't matter' in this case...hope someone goes "Eureka" soon...
    What exactly do you mean when you say that "it only 'bugs' on aircrack-ng"? Providing us with the exact error message you get or describing in detail what actually happens could be the key to getting helpful answers. Also post the actual command that you are using to run aircrack-ng so that we can examine it for possible errors.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Since Nikoff hasn't replied yet. I'll try to explain.

Well we have the dictionary file and the capture WPA handshake file.
    Whenever i open up a shell and type in this command:

"aircrack-ng" and press enter... Backtrack 3 just hangs, nothing happens no reaction, then backtrack 3 just crashes, which brings it back to the screen where it says "loading KDE" etc, is it because our system is not capable of running the command. That's what he meant by 'bug' - reffering to Backtrack 3 re-loading.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234