Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aircrack-ng command crashes my whole system, i don't understand why it does this.

Ahhh , Wicked, Thanks alot man, it don't matter if it's from memory, the knowdledge contribution counts, i'll try it todayy, could've tried messing with it yesterday night but was to tired when i came back from my end of ur school trip lol.

Tried it lol, the command executed nicely, but the client didn't get de-authenticated

But what i did notice is that after i executed the command it said:

Disconnecting from ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff to *0:*8:1*:9*:66:9e

ani ideas?
    or am i just asking useless questions..

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousgangsta View Post
    But what i did notice is that after i executed the command it said:

Disconnecting from ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff to *0:*8:1*:9*:66:9e
    No need to mind this part, when the actual client gets de-authenticated you will notice that the ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff part will change to the client's MAC that you specified in the blacklist.

Allright, now this problem of yours is becoming rather disturbing and I am starting to suspect that the problem is not to be found within mdk2 or aireplay-ng but somewhere else. So to narrow down the possibilities let’s run through a little checklist shall we:

Are you able to successfully inject using your Broadcom card?
    Is the client currently connected through wireless to the AP as you try to de-authenticate it?
    How far from the AP and client are your?
    Last but not least, you do use the MAC of the connected client and not the AP's MAC or your own as the target?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Okaii, Now to answer ur questions

Nope, the power reading always shows 0 or -1 and when i do try and inject, nothing happens, the power reading doesnt even increase.

Is the client currently connected through wireless to the AP as you try to de-authenticate it?

Yes connected throught wireless router via wireless card. I only use the ethernet cable, for my router's connection to my computer.
    How far from the AP and client are your?

Last but not least, you do use the MAC of the connected client and not the AP's MAC or your own as the target?

Yup I have checked that i use the connected client's mac adress, and not mine, or the routers.

Yes i do agree that it's beginning to be a big pain in da A** so i dnt want to wind up the people who are helping me solve this issue, so i may think of dropping the whole idea....

Nope, the power reading always shows 0 or -1 and when i do try and inject, nothing happens, the power reading doesnt even increase.
    In case you are not able to inject you will naturally not be able to de-authenticate any clients regardless of the program that you use. The PWR reading will however not change regardless if the injection is successful or not, since as I earlier explained the bcm43xx driver does not support PWR readings. What is the exact chipset model that your card uses, for example 4311, 4318, etc.

Oh the Exact chipset is:

Broadcom 4318 (According to the sticker at the back of my laptop)

However i do have access to my cousin's laptop which has an atheros chipset, and i know that it is supported for packet injection / power readings e.t.c

I will try and use backtrack 3 today instead of 2, to see if i can get the handshake..

thanks tron!

Oh the Exact chipset is:

Broadcom 4318 (According to the sticker at the back of my laptop)
    Upgrading to BT3F would indeed be a great idea as the appropriate drivers for injection/monitor mode with this card comes pre-installed on it. Most likely all the problems you are currently experiencing with injecting will be solved once you switch to the new version of BT.

Yes Tron, That's Right, I tryed and i can de authenticate the client of my network!, no problem, can be done in 2 seconds, But then i come back to the problem of which i created this thread, that is the aircrack command isn't stable on the laptop that i use, as it reboots the Whole of backtrack.!

AH i'm stuck again

Any suggestions?
    or would a better spec laptop solve this situation.

I have access to Backtrack 2 Final, and Backtrack 3 Final.

So any suggestions would be helpful, regardless of the version that i have to use.

Since getting aircrack to work on BT3 is difficult i will use BT2 instead. What i have in mind now is having the aireplay-ng command ready, and the airodump command ready, as soon as airodump starts, i will quickly start the aireplay deauth and get the wpa handshake. This is what i did in Backtrack 3 and got the WPA handshake straight awai, hopefully this may be the case in BT2. Lol i can talk alot, sorry if im confusing, i'l try and let uno the results.

lol so later on today i tried backtrack 2 and the aireplay deauth, the way i mentioned in my last post but that obviousli did not seem to work, according to airodump in backtrack 2 i loose way more packets from the AP then the "packets" section.

This is not the case in backtrack 3, lol i haven't got a post back in a while so im thinkin this problem is unsolvable:|

Nd yh in airodump in backtrack 3 i manage to grab the four way handshake, but however when i boot back into windows and use the aircrack suite for windows i put in the .cap file in the aircrack cmd windows and it says 0 handshake, where as in airodump it clearly stated tht i got the 4 way handshake?

any ideas on this???

Lol, Thanks moderator for puttin my posts together lol, i was all over the place, however now i have progressed and have another question lol, i have created SQL database with airolib, however when i try it with aircrack (aircrack-ng -r crackwpa myessid.cap)

I execute the command and then it says quitting aircrack

Just burned his ISO

I found this thread extremely useful when the other basic injection attacks dont work. For BT3 it is mdk3 not mdk2 - but i am sure people can figure that one out.

thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast