Thread: persistant changes in BT3

Just burned his ISO

Default persistant changes in BT3

Hello, This is my first post to the forum. I'm using BT3 on my usb disk. When I choose "BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes" from the boot menu, the changes aren't saved. After I reboot, and choose the mode again, everything is back to default and none of my configuration is saved. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by m1cha3l View Post
    have a look here dude

I tried that guide, and when back|track failed on booting, I went back and tried to make a post about it. I could not post to that topic. Maybe it has been closed, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    I tried that guide, and when back|track failed on booting, I went back and tried to make a post about it. I could not post to that topic. Maybe it has been closed, not sure.
    It's not closed, I just posted there. You don't have very many posts, it's probably waiting for a mod to allow the post to show.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Hello, this is also my first post and I have a similar problem with the persistent changes.
    In fact, when I try to run the graphic mode with persistent changes, I execute xconf so as to autoconfigure the screen mode, and no errors occurs; however, if I start the graphic interface, it show "Fatal server error : no screens found" (!!!)
    (notice that I usually choose the VESA-KDE mod and it start graphic interface well)

What can I do to solve this ?

PS : I apologize for probable grammatical faults, I'm a Belgian student whose english is just his second language ^^