Thread: Dual Boot BT3F - I know there is no installer i have a few other questions

Just burned his ISO

Default Dual Boot BT3F - I know there is no installer i have a few other questions

Ok first of all would I be able to use this: offensive-security.com/movies/dualboot/dualboot.html video to do a dual boot between backtrack 3 final and windows vista on my laptop or is it different for backtrack 2 and 3 and does vista - xp make a difference, if that video doesn't work could you link me to a full tutorial on how to do it

If I do the whole thing when I start up my computer would lilo start up asking me what OS I would like to use or do I have to go to backtrack 3 and then go to windows somehow (how? lol) and via versa.

Also once I have the whole thing set up when I install something onto backtrack would it be there the next time I log in it or does it disappear like when if your just doing it when regularly booting from the cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Korupt View Post
    Ok first of all would I be able to use this: offensive-security.com/movies/dualboot/dualboot.html video to do a dual boot between backtrack 3 final and windows vista on my laptop or is it different for backtrack 2 and 3 and does vista - xp make a difference, if that video doesn't work could you link me to a full tutorial on how to do it
    It would be the same.

If I do the whole thing when I start up my computer would lilo start up asking me what OS I would like to use or do I have to go to backtrack 3 and then go to windows somehow (how? lol) and via versa.
    Ya it'll ask for your choice provided you install lilo in MBR and lilo has entry for vista (that would be by default)

Also once I have the whole thing set up when I install something onto backtrack would it be there the next time I log in it or does it disappear like when if your just doing it when regularly booting from the cd.
    you will find it there only.

Basically you need to learn a lot about linux

regards

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0zen Sm0ke View Post
    you will find it there only.

Basically you need to learn a lot about linux

regards
    lol I am a Red Hat user and I just want BT on my laptop but do you mean i'll find it there when im in BT and then it's gone or do you mean I'll find it in the BT patrician only?

and thanks for replaying

Quote Originally Posted by Korupt View Post
    lol I am a Red Hat user and I just want BT on my laptop but do you mean i'll find it there when im in BT and then it's gone or do you mean I'll find it in the BT patrician only?

and thanks for replaying
    Be it Red Hat or any linux, if something is installed on disk, it will remain there until you uninstall that

regards