Thread: Not being able to decrese the resolution

Default Not being able to decrese the resolution

Hello all,
    looking around for solution to my problem.
    I've Dell Inspiron 6400 with 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Currently the resolution is 1680x1050. Although pretty good but it doesn't suit my eyes.
    After that then next resolution is 1024x768. I'm looking some way to have 1280x... resolution.
    In the original /etc/X11/xorg.conf files "display" section i don't see any option for default depth and resolutions corresponding to that.

So how would i do that?

I even extracted part of my Slackwares xorg.conf file for "display" section and mentioned 1280x... for depth 16 and 24 but none is being able to reflect that into the X server of BT3. It still has 1600+ and then 1024 resolution.

regards

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0zen Sm0ke View Post
    Hello all,
    looking around for solution to my problem.
    I've Dell Inspiron 6400 with 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Currently the resolution is 1680x1050. Although pretty good but it doesn't suit my eyes.
    After that then next resolution is 1024x768. I'm looking some way to have 1280x... resolution.
    In the original /etc/X11/xorg.conf files "display" section i don't see any option for default depth and resolutions corresponding to that.

So how would i do that?

I even extracted part of my Slackwares xorg.conf file for "display" section and mentioned 1280x... for depth 16 and 24 but none is being able to reflect that into the X server of BT3. It still has 1600+ and then 1024 resolution.

regards
    Try the following two links for more info. I will tell you that it can be done I have done the same on an external monitor.
    First is the slackbook info
    http://www.slackbook.org/html/x-window-system.html

Second a tutorial I did on the xorgconfig
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=10407

These both should be of help.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thanks for your help "archangel.amael"
    I already tried such stuff. You can have a look here http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...server-653863/

any further advice?

thanks