Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Testing e-mail passwords....

Quote Originally Posted by True_DyNaSTy27 View Post
    Ok I do normally change my computer passwords about every other month but I just changed it as well as my network passwords so hopefully that will work.Just two questions then, If I close all my ports on my routers then wont I have issues with bandwidth, and connections i.e. I have a fon router with a repeater function connected to my xbox360 (ugh Microsoft)?2nd is BT capable of dueing these things????
    Naturally you will not want to close the ports that you need, just make sure that you have adequate firewall settings in place and no extra ports open.

As for your second question, yes everything mentioned in Korupt's post is possible to do using BT3.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Naturally you will not want to close the ports that you need, just make sure that you have adequate firewall settings in place and no extra ports open.

As for your second question, yes everything mentioned in Korupt's post is possible to do using BT3.
    correct remove all unused ports (even though used ones can still be exploited but hey you need them lol) also try going behind a good firewall, not only the windows one ,try this one:

Code:
    netbot.com.cn/en/version/48-1.html
    use it but don't turn off windows firewall

also if you have moneyz buy the CISCO firewall it's quite expensive and not really worth it for a home network but if you really need it...

EDIT: also forgot one thing do often net stats to see if someone isn't connected to your network (run->cmd->net stat)

True_DyNaSTy27

Ok thanks everyone.I will try closing the ports I don't use now. I have Norton firewall but I'll check out the one you were talking about.I don't think I'll be going with the cisco firerwall though because it's only a home network.I am almost 100% sure a friend is doing this just from the "clues" that he's leaving, and no damage has been done to anything but we shall see :/.I'll let you know what happens when I get out of work.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Korupt View Post
    People come up with new stuff everyday the malware you probably have is FUD so no anti-virus can detect it yet

Another possibility is that a person got into your pc (use nmap to scan ip (they can get your ip from anywhere and simple php script in a link that you clicked on can get your ip)and then use metaexploit to then run an exploit against what you found) from there they could have to put a backdoor in your network so they have access to it anytime they want and from there it's quite easy getting and decrypting browser passwords and all other stuff. Change all your network passwords and your pc passwords. Also try closing all ports on your router or even getting rid of it. If they sill get it try formatting (just C).
    which Metasploit exploit would be used?

Quote Originally Posted by exius View Post
    which Metasploit exploit would be used?
    What does this question have to do with anything related to the OP's issue? You looking for a handout here or something?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    What does this question have to do with anything related to the OP's issue? You looking for a handout here or something?
    what? should i start a new thread just so i can respond to your flames?

Quote Originally Posted by exius View Post
    what? should i start a new thread just so i can respond to your flames?
    No need for a new thread or any answer at all really, it was a rhetorical question.

if you had any idea at all on what basis exploiting or metasploit works you would understand how irrelevant your question is to this thread. Also, since the OP has given no exact information on what ports that he has left open and what services are running behind them there is obviously no way whatsoever to tell which exploit could be successfully used against him.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Do you ever access your email and facebook accounts from any other computer than your own? At my job, we have some basic PCs set off to the side for employees to surf the web on their down time. I stumbled on to a keylogger on one of those systems.

Becareful where you are and what systems you use when you access personal accounts and info.

True_DyNaSTy27

Ok sorry everyone for the delay but my grandfather just went into the hospitial and I had to take care of some issues.I did close my unused ports which I will list when I get back home from work(I'm checking my messages via phone rite now).To answer your question though I do not ever check my messages anywhere else other than my own laptops or in this case phones.

Likely a classic case of shoulder surfing.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast