Thread: Yet another booting problem

Default Yet another booting problem

Hi again :@:@. Since some days i am having problems booting BT2. im getting a series of 'Buffer I/O' and 'SQUASHFS' error msgs, making me unable to log in. I tried burning the ISO file on another CD but im having the same results. weird coz it worked perfectly well on my 1st trials. and no i didnt do any significant changes on windows recently.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    Hi again :@:@. Since some days i am having problems booting BT2. im getting a series of 'Buffer I/O' and 'SQUASHFS' error msgs, making me unable to log in. I tried burning the ISO file on another CD but im having the same results. weird coz it worked perfectly well on my 1st trials. and no i didnt do any significant changes on windows recently.
    As far as I remember the Buffer I/O error on a CD-drive implies that the drive is not able to read the disc, maxing out the buffer and thereby causing this stop error. The reasons for why you are getting this error can wary from a actual hardware problem with the CD-drive to a corrupt CD. I would advice you to first of all re-burn the CD, at a low speed, and check if it solves your problems. Unless that helps, chanses are that you will have to get yourself a new CD-drive.

Also the fact that you have not made any significant changes in windows recently is in no way relevant, unless you have upgraded the actual firmware on the CD-drive.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

yep so i reburned another CD and still the same. on my laptop BT2 boots 1 time over 3 let's say. i tried on another laptop and on this one none of the CDs boot correctly. same error msgs. it could also have been my CD drive. but slax and ophcrack boot perfectly w/o any hassle???!!! im kinda confused lol. coz BT2 worked perfectly until now.