Thread: Problem Loading CD

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem Loading CD

Hi guys,

Getting major problems when trying to use BT3, first off it boot ok, but during the process it come up with a line:

Cannot read module data corrupted download?

I have downloaded the file 4 times and each time the Mb5sum checks out

The disc then continues to load to the point off entering username and password and as soon as I put in root and password toor it says:

No directory, logging in with Home=/
    Bt/#

So then I type in startx and get this:

Fatal server error cannot run in framebuffer mode Please specify bus IDs

giving up
    xinit: connection reset by peer (ermo104): unable to connect to x server
    xinit: No such process (ermo3): server error
    bt/#

I tried to download Version 2 but no links to it and so I downloaded Version 1 and can log in no problem after the root, toor is accepted but it just won’t find my wireless network card.

I have tried this on 4 different computers, 2 laptops and to desktops and the results are the same. Network cards are Athros, Edimax and both check out in the list off acceptable networks cards.

I'm really really baffled here guys, please can someone help me, I've been interested in Linux OS for a while now, don’t know a whole lot but busting to get into it, when I came across this software I thought genius as I have been interested in wireless signals and building the odd Antenna but just couldn’t grasp how to hack wep...etc to test my stuff and my only knowledge is Windows platform which I'm sure you all know is very limited for this sort off hobby. I'm just disappointed that I can’t get it to work, been at it 2 days now and starting to loss heart a bit, but just need some light at the end off the tunnel. Far from being defeated yet

Cheers

P.S. Excellent site, really glad to be on board!!!

Just burned his ISO

I didnt have any problems at all with booting, are you sure you got the cd image and not the vm or usb one?

Just burned his ISO

You can possibly try downloading from a different source. This link has BT 3 and 2. Cannot vouch for the authenticity though.

EDIT: check your pm forums wont let me post links because I'm a noob

Hope it helps.

Just burned his ISO

Was defo the .iso file mate. Downloading via the link from tekio but cant try till later on. Off to work for a bit, cant wait to get back into it

Cheers guys, will keep ya updated

Just burned his ISO

Still having this problem

No directory, logging in with Home=/
    Bt/#

So then I type in startx and get this:

Fatal server error cannot run in framebuffer mode Please specify bus IDs

giving up
    xinit: connection reset by peer (ermo104): unable to connect to x server
    xinit: No such process (ermo3): server error
    bt/#

I have downloaded this file from loads off different places and results is the same, torrents, servers, the links provided...etc.

The only thing I havent done is burn it with different software other than Nero which I'm going to try now.

Just burned his ISO

Burnt will Alchohol 120% and works 100%

Excellent piece off kit guys

Thanks for all your help

Just burned his ISO

I'm having the same problem (md5 check is ok), I'll try burning the image with Alcohol instead of Nero.

Just burned his ISO

Burnt with Alcohol 120% and it worked, but now I'm having some issues with the video card driver. Anyway using the command fixvesa allow me to start KDE.

Just burned his ISO

Default mkdir root

I think you have to create a root dir with the command
    "mkdir /root" since root resides in /root not /home i forgot where i read it. But try it.

Hope it Helps