Thread: Dell Studio supported?

Default Dell Studio supported?

Hey, I saw ads for Dell's new laptop, the Dell studio, and with features like the wifi catcher and broadband card, It would seem to me like a great laptop for auditing, has anyone been able to test for functionality? If it works, it may just be worth dropping $800-$1000 on(seeing that I can use it for many other things other than auditing as well)

Dell Studio
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

Quote Originally Posted by eovnu87435ds View Post
    Hey, I saw ads for Dell's new laptop, the Dell studio, and with features like the wifi catcher and broadband card, It would seem to me like a great laptop for auditing, has anyone been able to test for functionality? If it works, it may just be worth dropping $800-$1000 on(seeing that I can use it for many other things other than auditing as well)

Dell Studio
    Buy one and let us know. I mean, the things just came out this week.

Too bad it has a glossy screen. Glossy screens suck, my macbook has a glossy screen, pain in the ass to use in the car, or outside, or near windows.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Yeah, I am thinking of buying one, I'm just askin' around to see if anyone happened to get one before me and tried BT3 on it yet. if noone replies by the time I get one(if I even do) I will post here if it works or not!
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

If you want your laptop to be purdy kellers, then maybe you should be buying a Mac.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you want your laptop to be purdy kellers, then maybe you should be buying a Mac.
    Sorry, they only come in black, white, or aluminum, or in my case black and white.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ahh, but that would require a DVD, HDD install, or some sort of firewire flashdrive... no usb booting. and l've not been able to get a hdd install to work on my iMac