Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lenovo T61 Atheros + BT2 Help?

Just burned his ISO

Default Lenovo T61 Atheros + BT2 Help?

Hi all,

I think this will be an appropriate to start in a Newbie area, as I really don't understand much of the BackTrack so far.

Actually I have a problem here, I have installed BT2 on USB, it booted and worked correctly, but the problem is , after I runed xconf and loaded BT2 OS it coulndn't find my Wireless card and neither the Ethernet as well. I have Lenovo T61 with Atheros Wifi card on it, but BT2 couldn't detect it?

I really would like to ask for help on how to get it working on my computer? Is it possible to use inbuilt Atheros card in Lenovo T61 with BT2 to crack WEP keys and inject packets if there's no traffic on net?

Maybe someone has done this with T61 before?

Thank you,

Cheers!

download bt3 final its more up to date..than report back... that's what i would do

to crack WEP keys and inject packets if there's no traffic on net
    and since it should be your wireless network your trying to crack and not your neighbors just make some traffic on it..

here are some videos you can follow

http://s32.photobucket.com/player.sw...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

http://s32.photobucket.com/player.sw...6449&os=1&ap=1

Just burned his ISO

Allright, Thank you, I am about to figure out how to get that BT3 on my USB drive... and yes, that's my network I am about to test for WEP security.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bti2946 View Post
    I am about to test for WEP security.
    No need to test. We will tell you that WEP has no security.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I know .. that was meant in a roundabout way

Just burned his ISO

Hmm, how can I make BT3 bootable on uSB stcik under Windows? Is there any tutorial or automatic porgram, like there was one for BT2?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bti2946 View Post
    Hmm, how can I make BT3 bootable on uSB stcik under Windows? Is there any tutorial or automatic porgram, like there was one for BT2?

Thank you!
    Based on what did you choose to post your question, which is completely irrelevant to the subject of this thread, here?

The search function isn't there just for looks, use it as there are multiple thorough tutorials on this very subject posted on the forum already.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Based on what did you choose to post your question, which is completely irrelevant to the subject of this thread, here?
    ? based on what is it completly irrelevant ? I am author of this Thread and it's all about BT2 , 3 ! When I used BT2, I mounted it on USB Stick with a programe which automaticaly made USB bootable under windows.

It does not support BT3.iso , so I don't know how to make USB bootable with BT3 on it under windows!

It's appropriate to have this question asked here.

The search function isn't there just for looks, use it as there are multiple thorough tutorials on this very subject posted on the forum already.
    Well , I am sorry, All threads I searched for BT3 installing on USB was in OS Linux, I have Win

The reason I felt that you posted in the wrong thread is that the OP was about getting a wireless card recognized and information on whether it could be used to crack WEP, neither of which have anything with an USB installation to do. What I however failed to notice is that this indeed is your own thread and for this I apologize. Although posting in a thread exclusively dealing with USB installation problems would most likely render you more helping answers.

As for there being no tutorials on how to install BT3F onto a USB drive using windows I guess that you have missed this one:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=14930
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

Thank you all for advices, I successfully Aircracked my Wifi 128 bit wep key with BT3 mounted on 4Gb USB.

Thing I didn't quite like was difference of commands in Airodump, aireplay and aircrack. It took some serious time and few system restarts while I figured out how to correctly get it working. for example: from Tuto.:

aireplay -1 0 -e ESSID -a MAC -h MAC ath0 in my case it was
    aireplay-ng --fakeauth 1 -a -b -h kis0 .. while I figured it all out on all commands I had to reboot PC few times due to messing up the system.

What I liked about BT3 was, when I finished It looked very simple after all nad it cracked my 128b in a seconds

The only thing I would like to get it straight is about disk space usage while running BT3 from USB.

Firstly I used 1GB USB with BT3 on it.. started to collect IVs in mnt/hda/ivs folder... It increased file size rapidly by 10MB per second, so after 8 minutes BT3 crashed. I realized that only problem reason why it crashed was of low memeory. Not because of 1Gb USB, but of 2Gb RAM I have.

I reinstalled BT3 on 4Gb USB today, but after setting the location to the IVs to be saved in mnt/hda, it didn't used it.. I monitored RAM usage with "leetmode" and it finished cracking at 70% full RAM... near to crash again.

How can I utilize the rest of 3Gb of free space on USB to prevent BT3 from crashing?

And can I set resolution to 1440x900 or even higher?

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast