Thread: searching good bluetooth device for eeepc

Just burned his ISO

Question searching good bluetooth device for eeepc

Hi there, this is my first post on this board, so be patient with a noob : )
    I´m running BT3 USB-Version on my eeepc and everything works great.
    except bluetooth.
    I´m using the Hama nano USB-bluetooth adapter which worked just fine on windows - but isn´t recognized at all by BT3.

So I´m going to buy another adapter and need your help with the choice.
    It should be class1, best with optional external antenna and (of course) work with eeepc+bt3.

Any hints? What adapter do you use?
    Or is there maybe a way to get my hama adapter working?

Thanks in advance!

I have been wanting to ask this same question on witch bluetooth adapter should i buy. the GBS301 says it has a range of up to 330 ft (100 meters) then you would not have to buy one of those bulky antennas

http://www.buy.com/cat/bluetooth/16626.html
    http://www.iogear.com/product/GBS301/
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ci_sku=8643863

Also i would like to know... what bluetooth adapter did Dr_Green use in his tutorial... i noticed the driver he was using but this did not help me

Its in the link I posted, Here is an snippit

USB dongle with a Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset into the FTS4BT sniffing dongle Before we begin I would like to say I do not hold any responsibility for anybody breaking their equipment. You are doing this at your own risk : but hey for $39 who cares

I have been reading upon this for a while now and I was reading one of max@remote-exploit papers where he had changed the firmware using the bluez utilities to make the dongle go into RAW mode or promiscuous mode.

EDIT

Seems I was a bit keen in this tutorial as it turns out this mod was not successful after all. The reason being that there are two types of bluecore-4 chipset, BlueCore-4 rom and BlueCore-4 external. The ROM chip has the firmware embedded on the chip and the EXT model has external memory for the firmware. You need to be able to update the firmware to allow sniffing in windows.

To find out if you have the right type of chipset, type ........

Code:
    Code:
    hciconfig hci* revision

Just burned his ISO

Default tx

thanks a lot,
    I had read that thread (lol) but wanted to hear some opinions.
    I´ll give one of these devices a shot : )

EDIT:
    After trying a Belkin-device I now have a Sitecom CN-500/502 adapter, class 1 with external antenna.
    This one works great, no problems encountered yet! Not bad for ~4$ at ebay...