Thread: Problems with SpoonWep

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with SpoonWep

Hi people.
    I'm having problems using SpoonWep.
    First of all I'm using BackTrack3 in vmware and linksys usb adapter that works fine with rt73. I haven't had problems before using airodump, aireplay and aircrack to get my own wep key (I have next to my computer the router so all was really fast).
    The thing is that I tried to use SpoonWep but WS DUMP don't get ANY data.

I start connecting the usb when the virtual machine is on, then I always do the same:

Code:
    #ifconfig rausb0 down
    #macchanger -m 00:11:22:33:44:55 rausb0
    #ifconfig rausb0 up
    #iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor
    Well, here I start watching if everything is fine, so I airodump-ng and start viewing the APs so it is all correct.
    Then I stop airodump-ng and start SpoonWep. Set the victim's mac, client's mac if any, set the card to rausb0, set the channel, set the attack, and launch. Then, when it starts, the window WS DUMP (which is using airodump-ng I think, with the --ivs option, --write to a file, --bssid to scan just the AP you want, and --channel to set the channel) shows just airodump without getting ANY data.

Then I close SpoonWep, try to start airodump the same way I did at the beginning, and it doesn't get any data, I have to disconnect the linksys usb, connect it again, start the monitor mode and airodump works again, but SpoonWep has the same problem always.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Just burned his ISO

Well, I don't know which is the problem but I fixed it first catching with airodump the mac, and then doing:
    Code:
    #ifconfig rausb0 down
    #modprobe -r rt73
    #modprobe rt73
    Then just start the attack with SpoonWep and that's it, a few minutes and the WEP key

All i do for mine to put it in monitor mode is

Code:
    airmon-ng start wlan1
    Than i start spoonwep and im done .. Only reason to change your mac is to make it easier to remember but you don't need to remember your mac with spoonwep

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    Only reason to change your mac is to make it easier to remember
    Well that my not be the "only" reason for it.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Just burned his ISO

It is just a good habit. I'll try "airmon-ng start rausb0" but I think that I have to start always spoonwep with module recently loaded

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by SeRGiNaToR View Post
    Well, I don't know which is the problem but I fixed it first catching with airodump the mac, and then doing:
    Code:
    #ifconfig rausb0 down
    #modprobe -r rt73
    #modprobe rt73
    Then just start the attack with SpoonWep and that's it, a few minutes and the WEP key
    I had the same problem, but the solution above seems to do the trick!

Thanks.