Thread: which card to go with...

Just burned his ISO

Talking which card to go with...

i'm using a dell vostro at the moment and my inbuilt wifi card proves to be of no use since it dosent support monitor mode nor has the ability to inject so i was planning to buy another card (USB since my laptop dosent have PCMCIA sslot)

i am situated in India and the market over here has only a few selected cards like linksys , Dlink and Netgear WG111 ,, the linksys and Dlink models didnt appear to be on the compatible cards list on airdump site and i ahve been looking up a few other card which i found on the mammoth thread in the GUIDES section

*ALFA AWUS036E

*Hawking HWUG1

planning to get one of these cards from either wwwdataviscom or data-alliancenet

so which cards u guys suggest i should go with and is there anything i need to know about these two website as in about their service

My suggestion would be to go with the AWUS036H. You can get it through e-bay at an affordable price, and most shops there ship it worldwide.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    My suggestion would be to go with the AWUS036H. You can get it through e-bay at an affordable price, and most shops there ship it worldwide.

i dont really like the idea of using two ports for one device and i herd the device also amplifies noise signals ,,, how is hawking wug1 does it work out of the box??? or any modding is required ?

Another which card post ....
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

instead of closing this stuff all these usles topics should be deleted.. it would clean the forum up a lil..

Quote Originally Posted by melchi View Post
    i dont really like the idea of using two ports for one device and i herd the device also amplifies noise signals ,,, how is hawking wug1 does it work out of the box??? or any modding is required ?
    Also the Alfa 500mw will work just fine with only one port as long as it is USB2.0 and not USB1.0, and as far as amplifying the noise goes I have not experienced any problems out of the ordinary.within this category.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.