Thread: How using samba on my backtrack3, cause idont see cifs/samba for share folder.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down How using samba on my backtrack3, cause idont see cifs/samba for share folder.

idont see cifs/samba for my share folder.
    how i can for share my folder with other system (windows)

Make sure that you specify the correct settings in your /etc/samba/smb.conf file and start the samba server service. An example smb configuration file can be found in the same folder where you should create your own smb.conf file.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down idont have my etc/samba/smb.conf

how

hey isnot find on directory. how

Quote Originally Posted by bambang View Post
    how

hey isnot find on directory. how
    There should not be any smb.conf file by default, you need to create one to fit your own needs. Use the previously mentioned example smb configuration file in the /etc/samba/ directory as a starting point.

And please there is no need for the negative/hostile attitude, especially as it is clear that you have not put any effort at all into solving the problem yourself.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    There should not be any smb.conf file by default, you need to create one to fit your own needs. Use the previously mentioned example smb configuration file in the /etc/samba/ directory as a starting point.

And please there is no need for the negative/hostile attitude, especially as it is clear that you have not put any effort at all into solving the problem yourself.
    Why sure he did, without bothering to search either the forums or google, he jumped in here and started a thread. First step to solving it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why sure he did, without bothering to search either the forums or google, he jumped in here and started a thread. First step to solving it.
    That's true. And it isn't like he just scribbled down his questions either.

if you're accessing your windows shares in any linux os, from my experience just take the IP addy of the win box and the share name.

enter a location of smb://windowsIPhere/sharenamehere

example: smb://127.0.0.1/shared

i would imagine you can do the same in win without the smb address prefix.