Thread: ipwraw and Fedora 9...

Hybrid View

Default ipwraw and Fedora 9...

I'm trying to install the ipwraw driver in Fedora 9. I'm following the guide here: http://208.68.234.113/showthread.php?p=65446

I get up to the point where I have to load the driver with the command './load'. The script is pointing to the directory /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/rtap_iface. In Fedora, there is no wifi0, it's wlan0 and there is no rtap_iface in said directory. I edited the script to look in the right directory (swapping wifi0 for wlan0), but there isn't a rtap_iface.

Is there a Fedora equivalent of rtap_iface or is it possible to make one? Is it even feasible to do this in Fedora?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I know this isn't in Backtrack, but this seemed like the best place to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
    I'm trying to install the ipwraw driver in Fedora 9. I'm following the guide here: http://208.68.234.113/showthread.php?p=65446

I get up to the point where I have to load the driver with the command './load'. The script is pointing to the directory /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/rtap_iface. In Fedora, there is no wifi0, it's wlan0 and there is no rtap_iface in said directory. I edited the script to look in the right directory (swapping wifi0 for wlan0), but there isn't a rtap_iface.

Is there a Fedora equivalent of rtap_iface or is it possible to make one? Is it even feasible to do this in Fedora?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I know this isn't in Backtrack, but this seemed like the best place to ask.
    As you so rightly said your question is not related to backtrack in the slightest. This is also not the best place to ask, that would be where the driver/patch comes from in the first place.