Thread: No detection of network interfaces

Default No detection of network interfaces

when i dwl backtrack i didnt have internet on my laptop yet (i still dont have) so i just tried to see if at least my network interfaces were detected (i followed the steps described in the backrack basics video by infinity exists). Up to this point everything was ok. of course i could not proceed. but now for some reason, it doesnt detect anything but 'lo' when previously it also detected 'eth0' and 'ath0'. i also have the very same problem with wireless net. int. it detected everything previously but now its only 'lo'. thx in advance for help.

Give us something to work with here. Which wireless card and chipset do you use and do you use a hardware switch to enable wireless on your laptop in windows? What do you mean when you say that it previously also detected 'eth0' and 'ath0', are you refering to an earlier version of BT or a previous installation? Also, since you are posting in the BT2 support section, have you tried downloading and using the new version BT3 instead as there might be better support for your card in that version.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

well ive got an intel pro wireless 3945ABG card and no i havent dwl BT3 yet. i'll do it when i'll have a good internet connection. the thing is that BT2 worked perfectly well up to now. weird enough, i am now also having problems booting that shit! when it boots i get a series of 'I/O error' and 'SQUASHFS' error msgs and refuses to log me in (i'll make another post for that)

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    ...the thing is that BT2 worked perfectly well up to now. weird enough, i am now also having problems booting that shit! when it boots i get a series of 'I/O error' and 'SQUASHFS' error msgs and refuses to log me in (i'll make another post for that)
    Obviously the problem is not directly related to BT2 in this case, but most likely the result of some change that you have personally made or a hardware issue.

yeh i re-burned at lowest speed. still boots correctly 1 time on 3 like my previous CD. i tried booting both CDs on another laptop. this time none of them works. im dwl BT3 to see if i get better results. anyways concerning BT2 what do u suggest me to do?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    yeh i re-burned at lowest speed. still boots correctly 1 time on 3 like my previous CD. i tried booting both CDs on another laptop. this time none of them works. im dwl BT3 to see if i get better results. anyways concerning BT2 what do u suggest me to do?
    I have no suggestions regarding BT2 other than to simply upgrade to BT3F. It has broader hardware support and more up to date tools so there really is no reason to stick with BT2 any longer.

If you keep having troubles with the live CD version of BT3 as well I would suggest you to try the USB version instead as the problem could be related to your actual CD drive. You will also notice a huge improvement in responsiveness of BT when you change, since the data can be accessed faster on a flash drive than optical media like a CD.