Thread: Unknow keyword in syslinux.cfg

Default Unknow keyword in syslinux.cfg

Cheers finally BT3 Final out, thk everyone for the hard work u had to make it live, all new modules are great .. was just replacin my bt3beta USB stick with final and gettin this couple of errors..

1) Followin PureHate tutorial on make BT3 to usb with a Toshiba Satellite PRO A-100 everythin go fine i modify correctly the syslinux.cfg to make it save changes but when i reboot i get a message just after selected USB as boot option " Unknow keyword in syslinux.cfg " after that BT3 window appear and i select by the menu the mode i want once inside everythin work perfectly, any idea of that message ? or just leave it alone ?

2) Runnin Charon2.0alpha by SV with a LinksysWUSBG54C but for all the attack i select i see the text ATTACK RUNNIN but nothin happen , done all the step like put in monitor mode,locked the channel to the AP, tried with all the driver type ASPJ 3.0.0,2.0.1,2.0.0. and 1.1.0 etc...

Not in hurry so take your time for answer still enjoyn the release , really appreciated the hard work for all of u .. donated 50$

Cheers folks

we can't help unless you show us the syslinux.cfg, you can paste it here

Here is my syslinux.cfg all the line APPEND are in a single line

PROMPT 0
    TIMEOUT 200
    DEFAULT /boot/vesamenu.c32

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL TOSHIBA
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND changes=/dev/sdb3 vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez,nvidiadriver autoexec=xconf;startnvidia.sh;startx

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Compiz) - Experimental
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez autoexec=xconf;cubez;startx

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Compiz Nvidia) - Experimental
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez,nvidiadriver autoexec=xconf;startnvidia.sh;startx

LABEL xconf1
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (KDE)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL xconf2
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Flux)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=xconf;flux

LABEL startx
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (VESA KDE)
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw autoexec=kdm

LABEL BT3
    MENU LABEL BT3 Text mode Frame Buffer
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw

LABEL BT3_no_DHCP
    MENU LABEL Run BT3 no DHCP
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw nodhcp

LABEL BT3_no_HD
    MENU LABEL Run BT3 no Hard Disk
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw nohd

LABEL BT3_Safe
    MENU LABEL Run BT3 Safe Mode
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=normal initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666
    root=/dev/ram0 rw

LABEL pchanges
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode with Persistent Changes
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw changes=/changes/slaxsave.dat autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL copy2ram
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode, Copy To RAM
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw copy2ram autoexec=xconf;kdm

LABEL memtest86
    MENU LABEL Run Memtest utility
    KERNEL /boot/mt86p

Thk in advance.

Problem with charon is gone by now .. just had issue to make the card in monitor mode..tried it again and works perfectly in case i see no move just down/up/mode monitor again and retry.

For syslinux.cfg problems still get the same sentence "Unknow keyword in syslinux.cfg" when boot, i tried also booted the BT3final's ISO from the CD and gettin the same error ..

let me know if some1 get this issue fixed

Thk in advance

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Not sure about which usb boot option you are using above, but you could try getting rid of the boot options you are not planning to use and just leave the one you want. Make sure it matches up with the one from the tutorial and make sure you specify your drive.
    Make a backup of the original.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

sorry my bad to not say which 1 i use , i made a new start label named TOSHIBA that's the 1 i was usin, will follow your hint archangel and i'd like to say thanks for some of your tutorials they really helped me out there

/cheeers

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnsp1 View Post
    sorry my bad to not say which 1 i use , i made a new start label named TOSHIBA that's the 1 i was usin, will follow your hint archangel and i'd like to say thanks for some of your tutorials they really helped me out there

/cheeers
    Yes it is only a suggestion helps keep the clutter to a minimum.
    If you are not going to use the other methods then why have them.
    Mine has only two options one with persistent changes and one without for testing purposes.

And glad that you enjoyed the tutorials I have done. Thanks.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.