Thread: how to access the hdd

Just burned his ISO

Question how to access the hdd

hi,
    i want access to a notebook with password protected vista.
    i tried that with the help of video (i cant post the link, because i need more than 15 post, please write me an pm if you want to see it)
    the problem is, if i try to access the windows folder it can not be found.
    if i have a look on the hdd via the commander the harddisc in nealy empty, there are only a few unimportant files, but i cant find the windows folder.
    i tried the same on my desktop pc with xp, there is no problem i can see all files und everything is fine.
    please help me, i have no idea what to do

This is NOT a howto

Just burned his ISO

@dor_isch-Did you shutdown Vista properly before trying to check out the folders on BT?
    I had rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not

the problem is, if i try to access the windows folder it can not be found.
    Have you checked if the hard drive is divided into multiple partitions, for example one for windows and another for data. This is a pretty common setup and could explain why you do not seem to find the windows directory anywhere on the mounted partition.

Quote Originally Posted by phreak0ut View Post
    @dor_isch-Did you shutdown Vista properly before trying to check out the folders on BT?
    This is a very relevant piece of advice and a probable reason for why your windows partition might not have been automatically mounted. The reason that it is important is that windows will flag the system partition as dirty in case windows was not shut down properly. If BT detects a partition marked as dirty it will not mount it automatically and you either have to reboot into windows and shut down properly or force the partition to be mounted.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.