Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new user need help!! Broadcom & Aircrack suite

ok bro thank you for the quick replay
    i checked the all possible reasons,but i didnt understand what do you mean by {is my card locked onto the right channel??},,,i think i did that when i write the order,,,or you mean another thing??
    When you use airodump-ng to collect the ivs have you specified the channel to listen on and made sure that it is the correct one, or is your card still in channel hopping mode?

the AP in the same house i am working{what close than that should be}??
    This really isn’t saying that much. Is the AP on the same floor as you are, how many walls are there between you and the AP, do you live in a concrete or wooden house, and so on? All of these aspects will to a large degree affect the strength and reliability of the connection between you and the AP. Since you say that you are using a laptop I would advice you to move closer to the AP and try again.

am using a laptop and i dont have a desktop,,is it possible to change the wireless card in to a good one??what do you suggest??
    The easiest way to add a wireless interface to a laptop is to use a USB device. I would advice you to look around in the forum as there are many specific threads discussing different cards. However if you have no clue what you want/need I would recommend to go with the Alfa 500mw (AWUS036H). It is a reasonably priced, powerful and reliable card that works out of the box in BT3F and as far as I have seen it has received nothing but praise on the forum.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    When you use airodump-ng to collect the ivs have you specified the channel to listen on and made sure that it is the correct one, or is your card still in channel hopping mode?

This really isn’t saying that much. Is the AP on the same floor as you are, how many walls are there between you and the AP, do you live in a concrete or wooden house, and so on? All of these aspects will to a large degree affect the strength and reliability of the connection between you and the AP. Since you say that you are using a laptop I would advice you to move closer to the AP and try again.

The easiest way to add a wireless interface to a laptop is to use a USB device. I would advice you to look around in the forum as there are many specific threads discussing different cards. However if you have no clue what you want/need I would recommend to go with the Alfa 500mw (AWUS036H). It is a reasonably priced, powerful and reliable card that works out of the box in BT3F and as far as I have seen it has received nothing but praise on the forum.
    ok sir,
    i chose the specific channel as it was described in the videos {i mean the same way of the video,i chose the channel for my network},so am 100% sure of that step.

the AP is not in the same floor i am working , but still i can connect to it & it gives me an excellent signal {is it possible that i can connect to it but i can not inject to it because it is not in the same floor ?}

i toke a look in the near shops , but i did not find the card you suggest , on the other hand , i found another one which is called (senao sub-362{ext}) ,,

do you think it is good for the job ?

there is a link to its features:
    hxxp://vvvvvv.senaousa.com/senao/NUB-362_EXT_-Datasheet_09192005.pdf

the AP is not in the same floor i am working , but still i can connect to it & it gives me an excellent signal {is it possible that i can connect to it but i can not inject to it because it is not in the same floor ?}
    Since you are able to connect to it and maintain a reliable connection, I presume as you say the signal is excellent, you should be able to inject to it as well. Have you tried using SpoonWEP yet?

i toke a look in the near shops , but i did not find the card you suggest , on the other hand , i found another one which is called (senao sub-362{ext}) ,,

do you think it is good for the job ?
    The only time I have heard anything about this card is when someone using it has sought advice on how to use it. This does not necessarily mean that it will not work, but I can at least not recommend it with a good conscience.

However, the Alfa 500mw can easily be obtained on ebay, this is where I got mine, and there are several stores there shipping it worldwide as well.

Just burned his ISO

Since you are able to connect to it and maintain a reliable connection, I presume as you say the signal is excellent, you should be able to inject to it as well. Have you tried using SpoonWEP yet?

i dont know how to use spoonWEP ,,could you post me a link for learning that??

The only time I have heard anything about this card is when someone using it has sought advice on how to use it. This does not necessarily mean that it will not work, but I can at least not recommend it with a good conscience.

However, the Alfa 500mw can easily be obtained on ebay, this is where I got mine, and there are several stores there shipping it worldwide as well.
    i will try to find what did you suggest,,than you so much for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    i dont know how to use spoonWEP ,,could you post me a link for learning that??
    To be completely honest SpoonWEP is so self-explanatory that you most likely won't need any documentation on how to use it. It comes pre-installed on BT3F so just fire it up and you will know what I mean.

Just burned his ISO

To be completely honest SpoonWEP is so self-explanatory that you most likely won't need any documentation on how to use it. It comes pre-installed on BT3F so just fire it up and you will know what I mean.
    ok Tron
    i tried spoonWEP & it was just fine,,it gives me the wep key in about 15 minutes,,but after that i couldnt connect to the network inside backtrack,,but i connect to it within windows

ok Tron
    i tried spoonWEP & it was just fine,,it gives me the wep key in about 15 minutes,,but after that i couldnt connect to the network inside backtrack,,but i connect to it within windows
    The short answer would in that case be that you are doing it wrong Try roaming the forums for a bit and you will notice that there are multiple threads addressing this very issue.

Just burned his ISO

ok Tron
    thank you 4 all your help,i success cracking my wireless in both wep and wpa,,all were great,,,by using dictionaries from the great forum....

but i have 2 issuses:
    i read somewhere in the forum a procedure to increase the speed of aircrack-ng from 58k/s to 1000kb/s,,,but now i dont find the subject...i try the search with no luck....

another thing is that as i told you am keeping the dictionary in the drive D and am using the backtrack live cd version,,,,,how can i choose the directery of the dictionary when i use aircrack?? i tried to write the pathway but still i get the error messege that no such directory!!!

i read somewhere in the forum a procedure to increase the speed of aircrack-ng from 58k/s to 1000kb/s,,,but now i dont find the subject...i try the search with no luck....
    This is using airolib-ng along with a pre-computed hash lookup table, but you need to look into the details a bit more since it is not quite as simple as you make it sound.
    another thing is that as i told you am keeping the dictionary in the drive D and am using the backtrack live cd version,,,,,how can i choose the directery of the dictionary when i use aircrack?? i tried to write the pathway but still i get the error message that no such directory!!!
    Simply specify the full path to the wordlist in aircrack-ng. For example if your D drive is labeled hda3 and your wordlist is in a folder named dictionaries you would use the following command:
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -w "/mnt/hda3/dictionaries/wordlist.txt" wpacap.cap

For a laptop, you can use a USB card or a pcmcia one. To know wich card you should buy, there is a special topic on it "the wiche wireless card question" or some thing like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast