Thread: new user need help!! Broadcom & Aircrack suite

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up new user need help!! Broadcom & Aircrack suite

hello my friends
    am new in this great forum
    am not sure that my topic should be here or in the ideots corner

i just want to learn how to crack awireless network of mine

i did download backtrack v.2 & v.3

& i start kismet program,it made my brodcom wireless card in monitoring mode,& it start looking up 4 networks & start to collecting packets,,so i believe my card is supported,,or am wrong??

i dont know anything about these stuffs & i need somebody 2 learn me step by step

i did asearch in mr.google ,,& i found many videos & tetorials about cracking,,but realy i didnt understand anything

so,can somebody here become my master & try 2 help me??

i will become greatefull for him

p.s.:iam a fast learner

thanx all

First of all the appropriate forum would be the newbie one for a question like this and also the default text size is plenty big enough for us to read

Now for your actual question. Since you say that you are a fast learner I will assume that a couple of pre-written tutorials will suffice and as you did not specify whether you are trying to crack a WPA or WEP encrypted network I will provide you with links for both scenarios.

WEP: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063
    WPA: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230

These two excellent tutorials are not the only ones out there and more can be found in the tutorials subcategory. Also if you do have problems following these guides use the search function first since it will most likely have been addressed several times already.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

thank you my friend for the quick replay
    yes,i did not tell which type of keys cracking i want to learn because i want to learn both,,as i can change my own network key to wep or wpa....

but you didnt answear my question,,is my net card appropriate for the operation??or should i bay a new one??

thanx 4 your help & i will go now 2 the links you specified

I did not answer your question since you did not specify the exact chipset you have. However I believe that most Broadcom cards are supported out of the box (managed, monitor and injection) in BT3. I know as a fact that this at least applies to all cards with BCM43xx chipsets.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    I did not answer your question since you did not specify the exact chipset you have. However I believe that most Broadcom cards are supported out of the box (managed, monitor and injection) in BT3. I know as a fact that this at least applies to all cards with BCM43xx chipsets.
    than you very much sir for your concerning
    am so sorry i asked you a question & i didnt give you all the information of my hardware

my wireless is broadcom 802.11g,,,i se the video you posted for me regarding wpa cracking,,,i did all the steps,,my driver become in the monitoring mode,,& it shows me my wireless network & all the information of it...& start collecting information,,,,is this mean my card working fine??

p.s.: i used backtrack 2

and than you for all your help

Just burned his ISO

ohh i forgot asking you another thing
    as i told you am using backtrack 2 live cd,,,so how can i put all 3.5 gigabyte passwords files to the {root} directory??

as i know root directory with in the cd

can i put them in the {D} part of the hard disk,,& change the order of the aircrack??
    how it will be if it is possible??
    thank again

my wireless is broadcom 802.11g
    This is still not helping me out too much here, you need to specify the actual model of the broadcom chipset for me to be able to definitely answer your question. However as kismet is running fine this at least means that monitor mode is working fine and you can easily test if injection is working with aireplay-ng.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    ohh i forgot asking you another thing
    as i told you am using backtrack 2 live cd,,,so how can i put all 3.5 gigabyte passwords files to the {root} directory??

as i know root directory with in the cd

can i put them in the {D} part of the hard disk,,& change the order of the aircrack??
    how it will be if it is possible??
    thank again
    Well 3,5 Gb of additional wordlists will obviously not be possible to cram onto the live CD as I am sure you understand. You can however put it onto any other partition of your HDD or an additional USB stick if you wish to be able to carry it with you. You can then use the files from this location by specifying the complete path to the wordlist in the program you wish to use it.

Just burned his ISO

ok bro,my wireless properties are :

name: 00000008 broadcom 802.11g
    adapter type: ethernet 802.3
    pnp device id: PCI/VEN_14E4&DEV_4311&SUBSYS_1364103C&REV_01/4&4878531&0&00E1

i wish these information will be sufficient for you

BUT,
    am now sure that my card have monitoring property,because i run airodump_ng and it gives me all the information about my network

BUT,
    when i reached the phase of running aireplay_ng,,it gives me these feedbacks:

sending authentication request {for 7 times}

and then:

attack was unsuccessful,possible reasons:

*perhaps mac address filtering is enabled
    *check that the bssid is correct
    *try to change the number of packets
    *the driver hasnt been pached for injection
    *this attack sometimes fail against some AP
    *the card is not on the same channel as the AP
    *injection is not supported at all
    *you are too far from the AP,get closer or lower the transmit rate

SO MY FRIEND:
    do you think my card is not supported for injection at all??
    or it need some sort of paching??

is there any other way to check my card and injection property??

i wish you could help me

thanx anyway

Your card has the BCM4311 chipset and injection with this should be supported out of the box on BT3F. And as your card does send out the fake-auth packets you have established that injection indeed does work.
    attack was unsuccessful,possible reasons:

*perhaps mac address filtering is enabled
    *check that the bssid is correct
    *try to change the number of packets
    *the driver hasnt been pached for injection
    *this attack sometimes fail against some AP
    *the card is not on the same channel as the AP
    *injection is not supported at all
    *you are too far from the AP,get closer or lower the transmit rate
    Well, have you checked these possible reasons for why the fake authentication was unsuccessful? Is MAC filtering enabled, how far are you from the AP, is your card locked onto the right channel and are you using the correct BSSID? Also take into account that the transmission power of cards implementing the BCM4311 chipset usually is pretty weak so you will need to be pretty close to the AP for it to hear you.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Your card has the BCM4311 chipset and injection with this should be supported out of the box on BT3F. And as your card does send out the fake-auth packets you have established that injection indeed does work.

Well, have you checked these possible reasons for why the fake authentication was unsuccessful? Is MAC filtering enabled, how far are you from the AP, is your card locked onto the right channel and are you using the correct BSSID? Also take into account that the transmission power of cards implementing the BCM4311 chipset usually is pretty weak so you will need to be pretty close to the AP for it to hear you.
    ok bro thank you for the quick replay
    i checked the all possible reasons,but i didnt understand what do you mean by {is my card locked onto the right channel??},,,i think i did that when i write the order,,,or you mean another thing??

the AP in the same house i am working{what close than that should be}??

am using a laptop and i dont have a desktop,,is it possible to change the wireless card in to a good one??what do you suggest??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast