Thread: Compiz Problems with EEE PC

Default Compiz Problems with EEE PC

I had found that when I boot bt3f from usb onto my eee pc, I will have a white border around everything. the panel, the K menu, and any windows open. When I thought it was the theme, I went to the fusion theme changer, and I could not change themes. I tried to solve it by logging out, and then running xconfig before startx, and no compiz features worked. It was identical to the regular KDE version of bt3f.

To fix this, I replaced the cubez.lzm from the final copy with that of the beta copy and now it works perfectly.
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

Happy to say, it works perfectly on my 4G eeepc with a 2GRAM upgrade running from a 16GB SDHC.

have to admit my eee was the same with compiz the white border round everything i just installed the kde version and left compiz out. at the end of the day there is no need for it unless you want an ub3r l33t h3X0r interface i personally just use backtrack for pen tests and don't need the nice GUI
    Think outside the box

Just burned his ISO

Hey guys,

So I would like to fix the Compiz on my copy of bt3final.

Is there any way I could obtain this working cubez.lzm file without downloading the ~946MB bt3beta (I do not have unlimited bandwidth) ?

Thanks.

il upload the cubez.lzm online then u wont have to download the whole thing. is that ok??
    Think outside the box

Just burned his ISO

That is fantastic thank you. I would bet others will find this useful also.

no problem hope this helps http://www.mediafire.com/?xvm1dq4gunr

Xirtam
    Think outside the box

Hello all.

Great news on BT3 Final - been running beta for ages and hoping for a new release.

I have put BT3 Final onto an 8gb SDHC card with save changes partition on an Asus eee 701 and it works fine (thanks purehate). Only problem is Compiz and Cubez.

Seems wierd but the USB stick I made to get the SDHC working (using purehate's tut) works fine with Compiz whilst the SDHC that I used the USB to make does not!

Used the link in this thread to get the updated cubez.lzm and put into /BT3/optional on the sdhc. Found that the issue is that the bootloader was not reflecting 'chexpand=256 load=cubez autoexec=xcong;cubez;startx' when I manually add these by tabing into the start-up menu it works fine (first option on list - compiz experimental)

Tried making changes permanent by editing syslinux.cfg and running bootinst.sh (in the sdhc). Each time I open this the changes I made show up fine but when I reboot it has forgotten these changes in the menu (although it is still remembering the changes =/dev sda2 that I originally used to save changes!). Driving me nuts! I know its only a small thing to have to tab in and edit at boot each time but it seems so silly that I don't know how to fix it permanently.

Any help greatly appreciated. B.
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.

EDIT - fixed it. For some reason the length of the APPEND option in syslinux.cfg seemed to be cutting the last section off! Re-fdisk'd and re-followed Purehate's tut and it worked. Only lost a bit of hair!
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.