Thread: Where to put word lists?

Just burned his ISO

Default Where to put word lists?

Hi yall!!

Im new to linux so not real familiar with command line. I noticed when using xhydra gui, you have to direct it to a word list/dictionary file for it to use but it doesnt allow you to search outside of the root. I have a list prepared on my secondary hdd. Is there a way to search for an external list or perhaps include my list into the iso? if so, where?

Quote Originally Posted by contrive View Post
    Hi yall!!

Im new to linux so not real familiar with command line. I noticed when using xhydra gui, you have to direct it to a word list/dictionary file for it to use but it doesnt allow you to search outside of the root. I have a list prepared on my secondary hdd. Is there a way to search for an external list or perhaps include my list into the iso? if so, where?
    As long as your secondary HDD is properly mounted there should be nothing preventing you from using the wordlist from its current location. Just look under the directory /mnt and then choose the appropriate drive.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    As long as your secondary HDD is properly mounted there should be nothing preventing you from using the wordlist from its current location. Just look under the directory /mnt and then choose the appropriate drive.
    Cool deal Tron!

Thanks for the prompt response. Also thanks to all involved in this project and its support. You are indeed amongst the elite!

Is it possible to safely include my wordlist onto the iso (making it DVD of course) for use on other machines?

Quote Originally Posted by contrive View Post
    Cool deal Tron!

Thanks for the prompt response. Also thanks to all involved in this project and its support. You are indeed amongst the elite!

Is it possible to safely include my wordlist onto the iso (making it DVD of course) for use on other machines?
    It is possible to rebuild the iso and include the wordlist in case it is not too big, but this can be a rather complicated process if you are not familiar with it.

Instead I would advice you to use the USB version which will make it a lot easier to add and carry around extra files.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default Eot

Gotcha,

Im new to using linux but I know of some of its more vast capabilities. Its getting alot more user friendly nowadays. With the support provided by forums, most anyone could adapt. Thanks again and I look forward to learning and sharing with yall.

Be cool

Just use the usb version and put your personal stuff in the bt3/rootcopy/ folder. This will automagically be mounted to /root at boottime.