Thread: Console reading problems with airodump

Just burned his ISO

Default Console reading problems with airodump

How do I display the last line when I use airodump-ng ? ( same as in windows cmd the last line is on screen in live time )

I have in my area too many wifi networks and I cant see the last line on every channel I am trying. I need to see what clients are connected on different networks.

Thanks

Default Re: Console reading problems with airodump

hi,

use the cmd-line filter options, if you have to many clients, when you using channel hopping!

airodump-ng --encrypt WEP or airodump-ng --channel xx or airodump-ng --bssid {mac of a specific ap}

/brtw2003
    Last edited by brtw2003; 02-11-2010 at 05:36 PM.

In addition to brtw2003's advice, you can also try kismet.

Just burned his ISO

thanks brtw2003, the thing with --encryption wep didnt try it so far, but when I started the topic I forgot to write I have more than 200 networks in my area, do you think I can manage to do it like this ?

It must be a way to see the last line no matter what I am doing or to save all of them in a file.

I tryed also airodump-ng -c xx wlan0 >> file and still not working

It must be something with export xTerm.... or export TERM=....I forgot what it was...and I was able to see verything, I forgot it.

If anyone can help will be great, Because I need to see wich networks have clients online.

airodump-ng --bssid {mac of a specific ap} < this how you will see the 140 AP ? if you cant see them all ?

You did not had this problem that's why you are not aware of this issue.

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Hi, I don't really know what to add more, but if you need to only get the essid (or even better bssid) then filter according to what you want, maybe shrink font (yeah, seems soo simple, but works ^^) and use the -w option then stop recording after 15 seconds or something and open "name.csv" in Maltego with the "page" entity.
    When you add the "page" entity, change the name (well don't know what it is, anyway, the label under the page) to what should be "/root/name.csv". Then you right click your page and try different stuff under "airogrpah", i don't remember which transformation it is. If it's not clear and you think it might help, PM me and i'll make you some screenshot etc.
    Hope this helps.