Thread: Can't see text when X server shutdown

Just burned his ISO

Question Can't see text when X server shutdown

I'm finding this strange problem. It's not persistent and I don't get this all the time. The problem is, once I click on 'End Session' the X server is shutdown and I'm brought back to the terminal, but whatever I type won't be visible. But, when I just hold on to the backspace key, I do hear the system beep knowing that the cursor has reached the beginning. First, when this happened, I thought it was because I hadn't installed my nVidia drivers, but I find this happening even after installing the nVidia drivers. Could you guys please check it out what this might be? Thanks Keep up the great work!
    I had rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phreak0ut View Post
    I'm finding this strange problem. It's not persistent and I don't get this all the time. The problem is, once I click on 'End Session' the X server is shutdown and I'm brought back to the terminal, but whatever I type won't be visible. But, when I just hold on to the backspace key, I do hear the system beep knowing that the cursor has reached the beginning. First, when this happened, I thought it was because I hadn't installed my nVidia drivers, but I find this happening even after installing the nVidia drivers. Could you guys please check it out what this might be? Thanks Keep up the great work!
    I am not sure about this but it did happen to one of my boxes with bt2. I just typed poweroff or whatever and it worked (shut the box down) now this would only be helpful it that is what you are trying to achieve. I am sure reboot and other words would work as well but that was the only thing I tried and like I said it only happened once or twice.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Yes, I mainly use the terminal once I log off to either reboot or poweroff. It would be nice if the bug was found out and fixed
    I had rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not