Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What usb dongle supports managed/monitor/injection?

Default What usb dongle supports managed/monitor/injection?

IS there an atheros-chipped usb dongle that does all this? I would like it to be as easy as the old atheros days... plug and play (drivers already ready and you didn't have to unload and do all kinds've things). I have a laptop with the dreaded 4965agn in it, and as we know it can't inject.
    "Only in America :P - where else can you find a company that makes a buggy product and makes tons of money from it, have people exploit the heck out of it and then make tonnes MORE money from selling their existing customers "upgrades" that induce MORE bugs?" -markds

Atheros cards use the madwifi drivers, which the last time I looked said that they do not and never will support usb.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Atheros cards use the madwifi drivers, which the last time I looked said that they do not and never will support usb.

hmm well what do people use for injection via usb? Does ralink perhaps inject easy?

I need to check if my pc has one of those mini slots for a wireless card.
    "Only in America :P - where else can you find a company that makes a buggy product and makes tons of money from it, have people exploit the heck out of it and then make tonnes MORE money from selling their existing customers "upgrades" that induce MORE bugs?" -markds

hmm well what do people use for injection via usb? Does ralink perhaps inject easy?
    In my opinion the Alfa 500mw (AWUS036H) is second to none when it comes to USB wifi cards. It has great sensitivity and the transmission power to back up this range.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    In my opinion the Alfa 500mw (AWUS036H) is second to none when it comes to USB wifi cards. It has great sensitivity and the transmission power to back up this range.
    Ill second that.. i have the alfa also and is really nice works right out of the box..

If you are looking for a cheap usb to inject with, the Netgear WG 111 v2 is pretty decent. It is rtl8187. I have one, and it works flawlessly. Lacks on range, but cheap.

Personally i went with the alfa. Its hard to beat works flawless for me, but it is not atheros-chipped based. And amazon has it for 54.00 + 4.87 shipping

Could someone using the Alfa confirm it does the following, supports managed/monitor/injection?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by daleapearson View Post
    Could someone using the Alfa confirm it does the following, supports managed/monitor/injection?

Thanks in advance.
    Confirmed!
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Confirmed!
    Thanks Tron, the quick response is much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast