Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Admin --> Domain Admin ??

Thanks for the links __CG__ , very interesting read. Thanks!

Kraven666

Well, I suppose this is not entirely relevant, but I learned a neat trick in college when a friend was working on his server 2003 project and forgot the domain controller password. We of course had physical access to the machine, which is not an entirely realistic situation but hey, the guy wanted access to his project and i thought it was kinda cool.

The method was pretty basic, start the machine in Directory service mode which disables active directory. Once active directory is disabled log onto the machine locally which is doable if your crafty enough, once you are in the local machine you essentially create a service that will reset your domain password by running a registry key. The whole process is kinda nifty and useful if your messing around with server and forget your password, but it also puts stress on the importance of physical protection of your machine, which I see neglected far too often. xxx.petri.co.il/reset_domain_admin_password_in_windows_server_2003 _ad.htm

Good friend of the forums
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems opening forum with opera

Hello, I can't open this forum with Opera. When I try to open it I am redirected to another webpage.Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Myelena View Post
    Hello, I can't open this forum with Opera. When I try to open it I am redirected to another webpage.Please help
    What the hell does this have to do with the thread topic? You even managed to drag up a 9 month old thread. Use a real browser.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12