Thread: fast-track issues on updating

Hybrid View

Junior Member imported_spudgunman's Avatar

Default fast-track issues on updating

so i found this thread, (http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=14888) which I think was closed a little hasty just because he didn't read anything about the installer..

-metasploit wont update due to a missing config file (i have ran setup install) however it appears that its not communicating correctly across the board as it crashes out saying that I need to run setup.

** however I have found a work around for this, dont accept the "default" by pressing enter at setup install, you must put in the directory for meta the instructions are a little confusing (at least for me) indicating that if you hit enter the default of /pentest/meta would be accepted this will resolve that issue

some other issues found with f-t 3.0

-setup install has a hang up on the Resolving files.rubyforge.mmmultiworks.com looks like that server is either not serving any more or it just got overloaded getting a no permission for content.

-sh: ./update-milw0rm: No such file or directory when you try to update milworm

-W3AF gives error 'is already a working copy for a different URL'

Default feedback

Hey,

appreciate the feedback, will fix in next release..thanks again

hey glad I could Help

3.0 is great btw I like the work you put into it, I also like the webfront end makes it super slick for live demo's at customer sites.

Default quick question

Hey dude, quick question, I can't reproduce the metasploit one..if your on BT3, and run the setup.py install and hit enter, it defaults to /pentest/exploits/framework3 without a problem...now I did have an issue where I was removing the setup files when updating which nuked out the config file when you ran setup, is this what your talking about? And regardless if you enter or this or not, Fast-Track defaults to /pentest/exploits/framework3, even if you don't specify in the setup.py...additionally all prereqs for Fast-Track are already on BT3.

using the USB iso installed to a HDD i then ran setup install (as per the readme, i didnt know that it wasnt required on bt3) which installed things then ran the fast-track update to update everything failed on the items listed in the OP then ran setup install a few more times, after all that fun tried entering the path direct and meta:S worked, the others were as posted.

Just burned his ISO

hello,

Whenever i use back track it says it does not exist

bt misc # ./fast-track.py
    bash: ./fast-track.py: No such file or directory

this problemm has been on other threads and a fix was posted but not sure
    what it means

Quote Originally Posted by spudgunman View Post
    ** however I have found a work around for this, dont accept the "default" by pressing enter at setup install, you must put in the directory for meta the instructions are a little confusing (at least for me) indicating that if you hit enter the default of /pentest/meta would be accepted this will resolve that issue
    do i need to re install fastrack and if so how?

bt misc # ./fast-track.py
    bash: ./fast-track.py: No such file or directory
    You need to cd into the Fast-track directory first, or just choose it from the start menu, it is found under the penetration subcategory.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Fast-Track is under /pentest/fasttrack, go there to run fast-track..if your missing the files all together you can download the latest from:

http://www.securestate.com/files/fas.../fasttrack.tgz

When you download it, tar -zxvf fasttrack.tgz

chmod 755 fast-track.py

./fast-track.py