Thread: dhcpcd question

Default dhcpcd question

Sorry

I think this must be a stupid question but .. with BT3b I could get an IP by typing dhcpcd wlanx (after ifconfig wlanx down (or replug), ifconfig wlanx essid xxxxxx key xxxxx, ifconfig wlanx up, dhcpcd wlanx. After getting key, typing dhcpcd seems to hang now and not work/connect. Also, no popup to confirm connected like in BT3b (seems to connect ok on eth0 but still no popup). My sys=asus eee 701 off an 8gb sdhc with save changes partition and an ALFA 500mw USB. Glad I saved a copy of BT3b as well! Love this distro - great work! Any help appreciated. (ps the x is just the number!)Thx. B
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.

I can confirm that this procedure still works just fine in BT3F using the Alfa 500mw. Make sure that you empty your dhcpc folder before trying to connect to a new network, and if you still experience any problems reload the r8187 drivers and kill any running dhcpcd process. The commands for this are as shown below.
    Code:
    dhcpcd -k wlanx
    rm /etc/dhcpc/*
    rmmod r8187
    modprobe r8187
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Sweet. Thanks Tron.
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.

The "popup" is knemo. Enable it in System>Settings>Internet and Network>Network Monitor.