Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Install BT3 to EEE PC Solid State Disk

Just burned his ISO

Default Acer Aspire One

Hi! I have tried to search your forum for any "guides" on how to install backtrack on a acer aspire one, but failed to find any.
    So i tried to follow this guide, after all they both use SSD disks.
    I get to the part where im supposed to copy all the files from the USB drive over to the SSD. The part where you state "this may take a while"
    I have been waiting for 5 hours and its still not finished. Is this normal? And i can see the USB drive working by the flashing light so i know its not frozen. Help would be very much appreciated.. Thank you!

Default SSDs can be tricky

Quote Originally Posted by miksle View Post
    Hi! I have tried to search your forum for any "guides" on how to install backtrack on a acer aspire one, but failed to find any.
    So i tried to follow this guide, after all they both use SSD disks.
    I get to the part where im supposed to copy all the files from the USB drive over to the SSD. The part where you state "this may take a while"
    I have been waiting for 5 hours and its still not finished. Is this normal? And i can see the USB drive working by the flashing light so i know its not frozen. Help would be very much appreciated.. Thank you!
    Some flash media can be act out when copying large amounts of data at once. When copying to my eee pc's SSD, it takes ma about 25 minutes, but when i did the same command to my sdhc card, it took nearly 2 hours. 2 suggestions to try would to be:
    wait it out
    copy in small portions
    Also, there are options in the Konsole to monitor for activity and silence. If you enable these, and have them emit a sound, you can essentially start the copy, turn your volume up, and walk away, do whatever, and it will call you back when it's ready
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

Just burned his ISO

I m really sorry but can someone upload and link to the cubez.lzm file, cause i dont want to download 900mb file just for one file. And can i translate this to finnish to the my homepage..... Sorry nothing enymore i found it.

Just burned his ISO

Will this tutorial work on Eee pc 901.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZone View Post
    I don't see why not.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I mean with that cubez and other shit. I cant get startX work.

I mean with that cubez and other shit. I cant get startX work.
    Oh, all that useless crap, no idea.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

what exactly do you mean startX doesnt work? what happens when you try startx?
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks to eovnu87435ds for his How-To!

Worked out perfectly for me on an EeePC 900.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast