Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How to run BT3 Final within Windows, without rebooting

mcurran

Wow, you guys need to find something better to do with your time. I would rather have a hd install of BT3 rather than bother with all this...

When i try to boot with persistant through QEMU i get an error at the end of the boot saying fatal error cant set up union (aufs) hmm... pretty sure i got the line changes right..

instead of doing the changes=/dev/hda1 if i just change the autoexec=kdm it works seems fine.. Now my problem is BT3 is not finding my WUSB54GC wireless card through QEMU off my hard drive. Is this because im booted up on windows and the two are "fighting over the connection" so to say or conflicting. How do you make QEMU BT3 the primary user of the connection instead of windows? Also i just found out i can access the net through firefox when im on QEML BT3 but it shows no wireless devices? It must be picking up on the connection through windows -shrugs- I just need to be able to sniff, inject and capture. Ive been trouble shooting for like 2 months now ..

I guess qeml doesnt work for injecting.. Question answered

deickos

yeah how about a new topic -
    putting backtrack3 in a partition of the hard drive and run it from there at set up

Just burned his ISO

very good.....3Q.....

Just burned his ISO

ummm well i heard it wont pick up internal cards ... Netgear WG111T is compatiable with linux so if i use it wud the system (pendrivelinux) pick it up ... cz whn i start bt3 it says eht0 ... ??

Just burned his ISO

right so internal wireless cards won't work but what about USB wireless adapters?? would they work??

Just burned his ISO

Any help here please im stuck at this section ... Its been like forever now!!!

Again, with this method I doubt u would have ur WiFi working. I tried with an external wireless USB adapter, and it does not show under lspci, so no go for that.

Just be happy you have internet access working in there for now, and that you can update your framework3 or milw0rm repositories

Default BT4-beta

Just tried this method with BT4-beta, works just fine.

Just download the bt4-beta DVD image, and replace that with the bt3-final iso you already have. No other changes are necessary.

At the console, you can just type startx for the BT4's GUI.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by BTuser3 View Post
    Again, with this method I doubt u would have ur WiFi working. I tried with an external wireless USB adapter, and it does not show under lspci, so no go for that.

Just be happy you have internet access working in there for now, and that you can update your framework3 or milw0rm repositories
    it should show under lsusb, but you must enable it when starting the image using "-usb":

Code:
    su -c 'qemu -boot d -m 512 -cdrom /pathtoimage/bt3final_usb.iso -usb -std-vga -k pt-br'
    where -std-vga fixs a video bug when starting the bt3 image here, and -k adjusts the keyboard layout here.

and you may "plug" it in using qemu terminal (accessible through control+alt+2, control+alt+1 to switch back):

Code:
    usb_add host:vendor_id:product_id
    I tried it here and it worked, well, sort of... bt3 detected my usb dongle but airodump did not work (maybe my system did not released some resources of the usb dongle). I have not tried harder, since I have these tools already installed here but I think it may work.

ps: tried under linux, it should be almost the same under windows

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast