Thread: ssid not broadcasted

Just burned his ISO

Default ssid not broadcasted

Can somebodry tell me how to do this my laptop is able to see a wireless network but it has no ssid and no password on it, now i thonk i need to know the ssid name to connect to it

Wireless card is 2200bg on a dell inspiron 9300
    annu app i try dosent work because i cant find the new driver
    can anybody suggest a app and a driver

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by arnel555 View Post
    Can somebodry tell me how to do this my laptop is able to see a wireless network but it has no ssid and no password on it, now i thonk i need to know the ssid name to connect to it

If it was your network, then you would know what the SSID was to connect to it. If you don't know what the SSID is, then you have no business connecting to it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by arnel555 View Post

Please try and do at least a little research before corrner-hopping for answers. B|T is not a layman's playform, nor is a casual leech-savy wifi hack-box extraordinaire. It has serious tools for serious pentesters. If you want help, the first step is to help yourself, and us indirectly, by learning as much as you can about your system and the protocols you are woking with, then, if you are still stumped, ask away. But do so with as much information as you can and with the expectation that those willing to help are at the very least going to require that you know the basics of *nix and networking.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Go to the web-interface of your router e.g. http://192.168.1.1 and check out what SSID you have put there and enable SSID broadcast and configure WEP/WPA/WPA2 personal according to your choice then I am 200% sure you can see the SSID along with Passphrase while penetrating the Router lol crackers n00bs.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    ....then I am 200% sure you can see the SSID along with Passphrase while penetrating the Router lol crackers n00bs....
    I'm curious; what are you saying here?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Simple. I am telling the guy who asked the question that DONT Attempt Intrusion in other's network.if you are penetrating your own network then surely you are aware of your own network(white box testing).that's what i m telling by making fun of what that guy is trying to do that's it.

Secure_it
    MS(IT),MCSE:Security,Comptia Security+,Cisco CCNA,EC CEH,CCSP,CCIE-Security
    http://www.wifi0wn.co.cc

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Simple. I am telling the guy who asked the question that DONT Attempt Intrusion in other's network.if you are penetrating your own network then surely you are aware of your own network(white box testing).that's what i m telling by making fun of what that guy is trying to do that's it.

Secure_it
    MS(IT),MCSE:Security,Comptia Security+,Cisco CCNA,EC CEH,CCSP,CCIE-Security
    http://www.wifi0wn.co.cc
    That's what I figured you were saying, it just came off kind of confusing.

Along those lines, arnel555, what you are doing is most likely illegal so please don't post about it on this forum. If it is in fact yours, which I doubt it is, log into your router and assign it a SSID and set it to broadcast. If it isn't, leave it alone. The last thing you want, as it seems you are inexperienced with this sort of thing, is to have the feds knock on your door because you are downloading pr0n via your neighbors wireless....

~ShadowKill