Thread: BT3 Installer?

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 Installer?

Hi!

I'm running BackTrack3 from CD & made a linux partition copied the usb stick files to that partition and ran bootlilo but at every startup from hd I get a error. So I wanted to use the BT Installer GUI from CD to install BT3 to the HDD. but I can't find the installer. is it missing on the CD? or did you decide to remove it from BT?

sad, but it's gone. .....so far, what i've read was that they did it to encourage people to do usb installs, but i kind'a think this way it kinda kills all n00bs at the door. .....where people are already good enough to know how, or are willing to learn some new stuff. but those looking for a "point-&-click haxxor box" need to keep looking. I love bt, and i'd say 90-95% of all the abilities it has are all command line. and there's still PLENTY things in there that have left me clueless. lol.

But back to want you where asking: Pureh@te has put out a great step-by-step how to from command line due to the no installer thing. ...and i think those who can't follow that will be weeded out.

good luck.
    If a paraplegic made a deal with the devil to walk again, he's surely bound to be hit by a bus shortly there after.

-KS

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Hi!

I'm running BackTrack3 from CD & made a linux partition copied the usb stick files to that partition and ran bootlilo but at every startup from hd I get a error. So I wanted to use the BT Installer GUI from CD to install BT3 to the HDD. but I can't find the installer. is it missing on the CD? or did you decide to remove it from BT?
    From muts, here
    Installer - We didn't include one, stop whining.
    As for getting BT3F installed look here.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Hi!
    I can't find the installer. is it missing on the CD? or did you decide to remove it from BT?
    Yes.
    Btw, I've never been successful with the installer in BT2, imo, it is easier to do it via shell.