Thread: when close laptop screen everything goes black

Hybrid View

Default when close laptop screen everything goes black

When I close my laptop's screen, and reopen it, everything is black. It only comes back when I press the poweroff button and then I can see the shutdown lines. I think I have read about this problem somewhere but can't find it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elninio View Post
    When I close my laptop's screen, and reopen it, everything is black. It only comes back when I press the poweroff button and then I can see the shutdown lines. I think I have read about this problem somewhere but can't find it.
    Isn't that what is supposed to do?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Isn't that what is supposed to do?
    When I close the lid of the laptop its supposed to go black (turns off, to save energy), but when I repopen it, and move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard, I should be able to see my desktop background!
    What happens now when I reopen the screen is that no matter what key I hit I can not get it to powerup again. Unless, I press the poweroff key, in which case the computer shuts down...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

When I close the lid of the laptop its supposed to go black (turns off, to save energy), but when I repopen it, and move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard, I should be able to see my desktop background!
    What happens now when I reopen the screen is that no matter what key I hit I can not get it to powerup again. Unless, I press the poweroff key, in which case the computer shuts down...
    This is because it is setup to work this way.
    But you can change it by right clicking on the little battery monitor in the lower right corner and selecting configure klaptop. Then selecting the last tab on acpi config. There is probably another way to do this with the command line but I am not sure I do not use such features.
    Also note that acpi is not the best in linux at least IMHO
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

thanks - wonder why it is set up that way by default, seems annoying an useless.

none of the options in the APCI solve my problem; standby and suspend.

thanks - wonder why it is set up that way by default, seems annoying an useless.
    Well, I see it as something to save yourself from alot of trouble... Hypothetically speaking, if you were to use it in an illegal manner, and someone were to approach you about it, just close the lid, and there is nothing that can be done but shut it down! and If you are pressed to start it back up, all evidence is gone!
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.