Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share interesting SSIDs here

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by cbservices View Post
    And your point is?
    Just set your country to somewhere you're not, and all of a sudden you have a completely free and open channel that no one else is using, and that 99.9% of script kiddies won't even think about looking for.

I mean, yes, it's slightly against FCC regulations, but hey...if you get caught, just claim stupidity. After all, it worked for Bush.....
    Plus on top of what the others have said, channels 12-14 in the US are reserved for other equipment, and you would be interfering illegally with that equipment by configuring your AP that way.

That equipment many times is medical equipment, so you could effectively cause someone to die.

How about you think about that before you go spouting off again. I'm quite sure you could claim stupidity, because you've surely shown it with that post.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    "Slightly" against FCC regulations doesn't cut it. Nor do the political comments. If you want to slam Bush, go play with the Kos Kids. We don't tolerate politics here.
    Just to clarify why using channels 12, 13, and 14 in the US is a bad idea (aside from the whole legality issue): The area of the ISM band in that is used as channels 12-14 in other countries is reserved for low-powered telemetry and control of medical devices in the US. Causing interference on those channels could endanger a patient who is in an area being covered by the Yagi being 'swung around."

As far as "playing stupid", it would be rather hard to do that. If someone is smart enough to modify the equipment using European or Japanese firmware, they most certainly are intimately familiar with radios, their uses, and the governing regulations. Besides, there is a very old saying: "ignorance of the law is no excuse."
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

* Steal Me Now I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by xCPPx View Post
    Recently I went on a train trip to visit a couple of my friends a few towns away. Having my laptop with me, I was curious to see how densely the area was populated with wireless access points. So I decided to do some wardriving (or wartraining, if you can call it that way) and fired up kismet. It was a short trip, but I managed to capture about 700 access points. So I'd like to share a few of the humorous network names from the list:

• Debils On The Air
    • Privat-O-Net
    • Hamsters house
    • Hack me! Please!!!
    • needs moar internets
    • Devil's Network
    • homesweethome
    • BBQ By The Road

Seen any interesting wireless names yourself?
    Share them here.

Default AP name

I found one called "linksys"

MyHubbysOutOfTheHouse

*sigh*

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    MyHubbysOutOfTheHouse

*sigh*
    You near an Army base?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Indeed..... Sad isn't it

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Indeed..... Sad isn't it
    Reminds me of Fairbanks. You could tell when the guys went "camping with guns". Freaking bars were full of women.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Indeed..... Sad isn't it
    Hmmm. That indicates that hubby has access to automatic weapons and explosives. Aside from any ethical considerations, it still sounds pretty risky as he's still likely heavily armed (as well pissed off) on his return.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

bonerjams03
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast