Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wifi Antennas & Signal Booster Question

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reefy View Post
    Thorn, the reason I wanted to buy an omni antenna and booster is to boost my wireless adapters range to crack wep. I'm currently at a family members house in another state for work and its been about two months, they don’t have internet. I have tried everything, even asking the neighbors “one of which I gave $10 to use his wireless net and that *** changed the password in 6 hours” Well that’s a story for another time. But yea, I am very thankful to BT and all the contributing members that try to help others. Regarding the booster, If its too dangerous to have one, then I might stay away from it. But if its that dangerous then why do they sell them?
    Tron, thank you for the info, I’ll try building one of those reflectors and see how it goes. But how much range can you get out of one of those vs a 12dbi omni directional?

Too late for the edit bud

lol well I realy have nothing to hide, Im really new to this have not done anthing wrong. There are other reasons why I want to boost my signal like connecting to free hot spots around the corner. I dont know how to use linux and like have no clue how to even crack wep, so take it as a joke. If it bothers you guys that much, I'll edit my post. Sorry If I offended any of you.
    Yep it bothers me, see 'cuz I, like a lot of others here love this forum and I don't want to see it go anywhere because some people just don't have a clue!

p.s.. I didnt read the rules till now sorry.
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

lol well I realy have nothing to hide, Im really new to this have not done anthing wrong. There are other reasons why I want to boost my signal like connecting to free hot spots around the corner. I dont know how to use linux and like have no clue how to even crack wep, so take it as a joke. If it bothers you guys that much, I'll edit my post. Sorry If I offended any of you.

p.s.. I didnt read the rules till now sorry.
    Even if you hadn't read the rules, why would you think it's ok to break into networks that you have no right to access?

Do you steal candy bars from the grocery store too?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Reefy

Streakerz I dont steal candy and no that reply was kinda a backlash at thorn but believe what you want. Like I said I dont know how to crack wep so I cant steal net, Im trying to get the best signal that I can so I can hook into the free hot spots. Again Im sorry If I offended you guys cause I didnt read the rule. Thats my fault.

Mod's please delete this post.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Thorn, the reason I wanted to buy an omni antenna and booster is to boost my wireless adapters range to crack wep. I'm currently at a family members house in another state for work and its been about two months, they don’t have internet. I have tried everything, even asking the neighbors “one of which I gave $10 to use his wireless net and that *** changed the password in 6 hours” Well that’s a story for another time. But yea, I am very thankful to BT and all the contributing members that try to help others. Regarding the booster, If its too dangerous to have one, then I might stay away from it. But if its that dangerous then why do they sell them?

Tron, thank you for the info, I’ll try building one of those reflectors and see how it goes. But how much range can you get out of one of those vs a 12dbi omni directional?
    I request that the mods ban this clown. He has clearly stated his intention to break the law.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Streakerz I dont steal candy and no that reply was kinda a backlash at thorn but believe what you want. Like I said I dont know how to crack wep so I cant steal net, Im trying to get the best signal that I can so I can hook into the free hot spots. Again Im sorry If I offended you guys cause I didnt read the rule. Thats my fault.
    Why would you 'backlash' at Thorn? He gave you the correct information for the question you asked. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, but it clearly did not deserve 'backlash'.

Now what you're currently doing is backpedaling. Something we've all scene dozens of times when someone gets caught doing exactly what you did.

You made your intentions very clear in that post to Thorn, there's no point in trying to convince anyone of anything different at this point.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why would you 'backlash' at Thorn? He gave you the correct information for the question you asked. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, but it clearly did not deserve 'backlash'.

Now what you're currently doing is backpedaling. Something we've all scene dozens of times when someone gets caught doing exactly what you did.

You made your intentions very clear in that post to Thorn, there's no point in trying to convince anyone of anything different at this point.
    Open mouth insert foot was what I had originally intended in the other post.
    But I agree this guy obviously had bad intentions and is now trying to worm out of it.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Yeah I have had many of those messing around with military radios and "man ya wanna talk about fun" I still have a faint glow in a dark room.
    Not to mention on of the newer HF model radios has like a 3 foot "You will be burned" danger area. I believe this thing could cook an egg in a matter of minutes when transmitting.
    Yeah, RF radiation is no joke, and novices have no good reason to fiddle with it if they won't take the time learn and do the math on the field levels.

That goes double if they are so stupid that they have the attitude that "It must be safe because they sell it." Three words: Darwinism at work.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Yeah, RF radiation is no joke, and novices have no good reason to fiddle with it if they won't take the time learn and do the math on the field levels.

That goes double if they are so stupid that they have the attitude that "It must be safe because they sell it." Three words: Darwinism at work.
    Why sure, cause nothing that is sold is dangerous, you couldn't possibly harm yourself with anything that you could buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Yeah well the first time some one told me that one of those radio antennae could hurt me if the mic was keyed up I didn't believe it either so I just had to hold the damn thing while someone did it. Man that crap hurt! lol
    But just like a child and heat a valuable lesson was learned real quick.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast