Thread: What is the fastest way to massive detect old windows?

Just burned his ISO

Default What is the fastest way to massive detect old windows?

Hi,

When doing internal penetration tests, one of the most interesting points is look for old OS who doesn't have more patches, like Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.

I in general do it via nmap, however nmap takes so much time (really much time) against big networks.

So I wonder to know, if you know any specific tool well precise and which allow us to active identify only specific operation systems (like Windows NT4 and Windows2000), do you know?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dan View Post
    Hi,

When doing internal penetration tests, one of the most interesting points is look for old OS who doesn't have more patches, like Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.

I in general do it via nmap, however nmap takes so much time (really much time) against big networks.

So I wonder to know, if you know any specific tool well precise and which allow us to active identify only specific operation systems (like Windows NT4 and Windows2000), do you know?

Thank you.
    Write one.. very easy to do with today's libraries for whichever lang you are most comfortable with.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

there's plenty of osfp proggys in BT
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006