Thread: KDE Automount SDHC card?

Default KDE Automount SDHC card?

Is anyone having the same problem as me with certain external devices? I'm using a eee pc and when I insert my 16gb sdhc card into the sd card slot, I get this dialog box...
    Error - Konqueror
    A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
    interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(usenet)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal"
    When i try to mount it via terminal, I get this error
    mount: can't find /dev/sdb1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
    This only happens with that specific card, or mabye with all SDHC cards; i only have 1 to test with, but other SD cards work, and just about any usb device works without a hitch as well. Also, it does this in the live final version, the real bt3 beta version, but not the live bt3 beta version? very confused... any insight would be appreciated
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

"#" = in konsole as root
    # mkdir /tmp/sdb1
    # mount /dev/sdb1 /tmp/sdb1
    should do it. if that doesnt work, are you sure its really sdb1? sometimes its sdc1..

I'll try what you have listed as soon as I get home. as for the letters, I have never had my sdhc card change letters and I compared it to what it was assigned in the removable media tab of konqueror and it was the same as what I was putting in the terminal

EDIT: I'm home and i tried now... it still didnt work.
    mount: special device /dev/sdb1 does not exist
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things.

My 16GB sdhc card is mounted perfectly every time on my eeepc, I never need to do anything to get it mounted.