Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT3 Final Broadcom problem with wireless assistant

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 Final Broadcom problem with wireless assistant

Hello to everyone. I am newbie to Linux. I have Dell Inspiron 1501 with BCM4311 wifi. Injection and other things with final release are working. But I can't connect to wifi with Wireless Asistant. Connection Failed everytime enc is right everything is good but can't connect. iwconfig eth1 mode managed didn't helped. Please can anyone explain how to overcome that problem. Coz i want to use Linux all the time

Leave wireless assistant and use the command line to connect instead. The program is found by many to be unreliable and buggy and I ensure you that you will be better off not using it.

Commands to connect to a wep encrypted network:
    Code:
    rm /etc/dhcpc/*
    iwconfig eth1 mode managed
    iwconfig essid APNAME key WEPKEY
    ifconfig eth1 up
    dhcpcd -d -n eth1
    In case you want to keep using the wireless assistant you can try with issuing the command
    Code:
    rm /etc/dhcpc/*
    before you try to connect.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default couldn't connect

i have tried what you said but it says after iwconfig essid .... wrong essid ... or no such essid ... name of my essid Nergis-Lobby...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by kyrgyz View Post
    i have tried what you said but it says after iwconfig essid .... wrong essid ... or no such essid ... name of my essid Nergis-Lobby...
    Try this:

iwconfig essid "Nergis-Lobby"

Just burned his ISO

kyrgyz, you were able to get injection working? I have the same laptop and have not been able to get injection to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jett07 View Post
    you were able to get injection working? I have the same laptop and have not been able to get injection to work.
    Need a little more information than that. What wireless card are you using? Are you running bt2,bt3b,bt3 final. What commands are you using? Depending on your card and the version of bt your using your drivers may need to be patched.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

kyrgyz, you were able to get injection working? I have the same laptop and have not been able to get injection to work.
    Are you absolutely certain that you have the same BCM4311 chipset on your laptop? Injection on all BCM43xx chipset should work quite nicely out of the box on BT3F.

Just burned his ISO

Tron, yes I’m sure of the card I checked it under a command line in Linux and got all the info on it. I’m sure I am just missing a process. Here are the steps I’m doing:
    I have a dell inspiron 1501.
    Boot off BT3 final ( I have to tab and add acpi=off to the string or the system freezes on boot)
    ifconfig eth1 (my wireless card ) up
    iwconfig eth1 mode monitor (when I do this I see the mac address gets 00:11:22:33:44:55:00:00:00:00:00 added to the end of it)
    airodump-ng eth1 (to get my bssid)
    airodump-ng –c 3 –bssid (ap mac) -w /root/dump/test
    aireplay-ng -1 0 –e (ap ssid which is [Basic] ) –a (ap mac) –h (my mac) eth1
    aireplay-ng -3 –b (ap mac) –h (my mac) eth1

I get association success than start replay-ng -3 process I get arp packets than that line scrolls down the page . Beacons climb but data does not climb. I have been able to crack my AP once out of about 50 trys. I feel I am missing something.

I get association success than start replay-ng -3 process I get arp packets than that line scrolls down the page . Beacons climb but data does not climb. I have been able to crack my AP once out of about 50 trys. I feel I am missing something.
    You seem to have the process down quite nicely and I did not notice any errors in your commands. Since you have been able to crack your WEP once using this process you have already proved yourself that injection does indeed work with your card.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that most Broadcom chipsets, at least BCM4311 and BCM4318, are quite weak and you have to make sure you are close to the AP for the packets to make it all the way.

aireplay-ng -1 0 –e (ap ssid which is [Basic] ) –a (ap mac) –h (my mac) eth1
    Make sure that you receive the message that the authentication was successful after this command as otherwise the AP will disregard all packets sent by you to it. You could also try with replacing this command with the following:
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e Basic -a mac -h your mac eth1
    The 6000 means to reauthenticate every 6000 seconds, the long period will cause keep alive packets to be sent as well. The -o 1 option is for only sending one set of packets at a time, the default option is multiple and will confuse some APs. -q 10 will cause keep alive packets to be sent every 10 seconds.

The above mentioned extra configurations are suggested on the aircrack-ng homepage to be used with picky APs. Just make sure that you do not proceed with the next step of the process until the association was successful. If you notice the line Got a deauthentication packet anywhere in the output it means that the association did not succeed.

Just burned his ISO

Tron, thanks for the post. still no luck. My AP is across the room so that's not it. when I start getting ARP the line starts to scroll down the page. Is that correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast