Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install backtrack 3 final from the shell

Smile

just wanted to say i have successfully installed bt3 final as a dual boot with xp using Pureh@tes method with a couple of minor changes.

Thanx to all the team for such an excellent tool and the support.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks! It's working perfectly

Just burned his ISO

Default Install to a macbook

delete this post, mooved the how to root.

Thank you Pureh@te for the tutorial, got BT3 Final installed in under 10 minutes without any problems
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO Lex_Talionis's Avatar

Thank you for the instructions. If I could make a suggestion regarding them could you please clarify Exactly which step to omit for those of us using a single physical disk. I got confused as to whether you meant omit what you typed before or after the comment "(note: If you only have one partiton to install backtrack to simply omit this step)." I'm new here i'm not complaing in fact i'm quite gratefull to you all for the help but a little clarification would be helpful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Talionis View Post
    Thank you for the instructions. If I could make a suggestion regarding them could you please clarify Exactly which step to omit for those of us using a single physical disk. I got confused as to whether you meant omit what you typed before or after the comment "(note: If you only have one partiton to install backtrack to simply omit this step)." I'm new here i'm not complaing in fact i'm quite gratefull to you all for the help but a little clarification would be helpful. Thank you.
    You should omit the following steps if you only use one partition for BT3 and no swap:
    Code:
    bt~#mkswap /dev/sda2
    bt~#swapon /dev/sda2

bt~#mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/backtrack/boot/
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO Lex_Talionis's Avatar

Thank you Tron for the help. I re read the instructions more closely and I feel like a fool for not having understood them the first time. The mistake was mine, the instructions are fine. Thanks again.

Just burned his ISO

Default Installing Backtrack 3 final to hard disk

Hello guys,

If you all have notice, backtrack 3 final didn't come with the option to install OS to hard disk. But there is an easy way around that. Now, if you have the backtrack 2 or 3 beta version. Goto /usr/share/slax/ and copy BT3.kmdr or slax-install.kmdr. Use can now use that file to install backtrack 3 final to your hard disk. If you have anymore problems let me know.

Muts, and all you guys at Remote-Exploit... I am so sorry for letting this out of the bag. But I wanted to help the newbies out. Because someone helped me once before.

Ghostface

Just burned his ISO

Hello guys,

If you all have notice, backtrack 3 final didn't come with the option to install OS to hard disk. But there is an easy way around that. Now, if you have the backtrack 2 or 3 beta version. Goto /usr/share/slax/ and copy BT3.kmdr or slax-install.kmdr. Use can now use that file to install backtrack 3 final to your hard disk. If you have anymore problems let me know.

Muts, and all you guys at Remote-Exploit... I am so sorry for letting this out of the bag. But I wanted to help the newbies out. Because someone helped me once before.

Ghostface

I have to admit that the instructions are great; however, I have failed, and my BT3 won't mount anything (Ubuntu sda2), or the even automount a (dvd hdc or hda).

If you receive this error, "mount mount /mnt/hda doesnt exist"
    bt / # mkdir /mnt/hda
    bt / # mount /dev/hda /mnt/hda

If you receive this error, "mount mount /mnt/hdc doesnt exist"
    bt / # mkdir /mnt/hdc
    bt / # mount /dev/hdc /mnt/hdc

If you receive this error, "mount mount /mnt/sda2 doesnt exist"
    bt / # mkdir /mnt/sda2
    bt / # mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2

If you receive this error, "mount mount /mnt/sda3 doesnt exist"
    bt / # mkdir /mnt/sda3
    bt / # mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3