Thread: Upgarade bt3b to Final?

Just burned his ISO imported_slasher's Avatar

Default Upgarade bt3b to Final?

well, i already have backtrack 3 beta running on my HD. is there any way to upgrade it to bt3Final? or i need to reinstall the whole heaven thing?

The answer is like 5 topics above this one in the same section...

and if ya don't know where the search button is link below

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=14751

The answer is like 5 topics above this one in the same section...
    He is actually asking for a way to upgrade BT3b to BT3 Final, and the tutorial is for doing a normal HD installation. Alas, I do not believe that there is an easy way of merely updating BT3b and believe you will be best of taking Apollopimps advice.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Replaced BT3b with BT3 Final using the above procedure, works like a champ.
    that above is from the other topic that i linked to so that is your best bet

Quote Originally Posted by slasher View Post
    well, i already have backtrack 3 beta running on my HD. is there any way to upgrade it to bt3Final? or i need to reinstall the whole heaven thing?
    There is no way to "update". You'll have to reinstall.

My laptop was XP/BT2/BT3b. I reformated the BT3b partition, and then ran through pureh@te's tutorial to install BT3F to that partition. I probably didn't even have to redo lilo, but I did for good measure. It took all of 15-20 minutes.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

I just copied the boot and BT3 directories over the top of the old ones...and it seems to be working. Should I start over from scratch here too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
    I just copied the boot and BT3 directories over the top of the old ones...and it seems to be working. Should I start over from scratch here too?
    Aye man, it looks like it. I myself have XP+BT3b...Heh once I got BT3b all configured the way I like it including a lot of config files BT3F was released. This is the fun part...doing it all over again with better software I actually still have BT1 installed on my hard drive on my old computer which is broke now and that [just like BT2] had all custom config files, its only natural to upgrade and as theprez98 said: it only takes 15-20mins - if you already have a partition ready [and lilo/grub].