Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 Back|track CD labels

Quote Originally Posted by mndfreeze View Post
    Any chance I could talk you into making a few lightscribe specific lables?

You dont need lightscribe to actually do it, just make them like normal pictures only it can only be single color, with some shading so to speak.

If you just google lightscribe pictures you will see what I'm talking about and how the CD burner 'draws' them on the CD.

Really appreciate it if you do it man! Thanks!
    Standard pictures will work on light scribe the template maker i believe its called if you select blank template it lets you put the picture on it. It does not end up not being centered on cd to well and since it is not the best of programs on manipulating images you cant do much . I will see if get one looking good and centered tonight if so i will say something and post something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopimp View Post
    something like this? not sure how it will look on a lightscribe disc

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9...knewnewlx6.jpg

what kinda images will the light scribe unit use for printing? will it use a .png image that way i could make it without a background and make it with black text so it will print good ..

from what i can tell any color prints from light black to bark black depending on the color darkness.. how does it print white or does it leave white the disc color? if it does i can just make it with a white background and black text for ya.. let me know a lil more how it prints and ill make it for ya
    That's the kind of thing

The lightscribe discs are a sort of horrible, almost "opaque" greeny-grey colour.
    (Well the HP ones I have are, anyway)

So yes, the thing is to remove the dark background, so just the main graphics are being contrasted against the "paler" background.
    Imho, the drives aren't very capable of discerning between colours/shades and can be quite blurry in the end production.
    (although I've only ever printed a normal graphic - with background tone - so that may be the problem!)

I'll certainly have a go at using this image (above) - thanks

I have it burning right now i will have a picture of it posted soon. In about 20 minutes it will be done burning so i will be taking pics shortly after. It will be a " almost "opaque" greeny-grey color" work of art

Re@lity let us know how it turns out..

i would like to know i might get a lightscribe drive my laptop cant use any discs that i put labels on they make a rubbing sound in the drive.. also im tired of spending 45$ for color and 35$ for black inc cartridges for the printer..which last me maybe a week or two

Just burned his ISO

I love my lightscribe burner. The detail it can do is pretty damn amazing for how cheap they are. Obviously its only one color but thats better then a crappy ink sticker label when it comes to use, and a clean look.

I wish more people made lightscribe labels. I cant say how much I love mine enough.

Here are two pictures of how it came out ended up moving image around a little with GIMP to get on my cd without cutting off logos. It is grayish but I don’t think they they make a black lightscribe cd after a few quick searches. If anyone finds some post a link please. Here are links to 2 pics of the cd . http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3270/1000577pp1.jpg
    http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/1615/1000579lw8.jpg

Just burned his ISO

Nice. Did you use Apollopimps pics as a base to start from and if so, did you use the white or black backgrounded pic?

Quote Originally Posted by mndfreeze View Post
    Nice. Did you use Apollopimps pics as a base to start from and if so, did you use the white or black backgrounded pic?
    I used apollopimps first image im willing to post my edited one if he dosent mind but since im not orignal maker i wont post unless he post into thread giving approval on it. And no background just his image moved around so it did not get cut off.

thats see it

i have never used nor seen a lightscribe in person so anyone that can help feel free to i would like to get as much info as i can on this so i can make some lightscribe labels that people here can use..

edit: i just looked at your images that looks awesome ya i noticed that the lightscribe discs dont print all the way to the middle ..

Just use the the lightscribe template maker that is off the official lightscribe site. On the far left there is templates chose the blank one. With the blank one it will let you put 1 image on the cd. And all credits go to apollopimp on the label, all I did I move around a little in gimp.
    http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5...tscribeih1.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast