Thread: bash/programs default open position

Default bash/programs default open position

This is more of a KDE question, but I cannot find the answer. I want to change the default start location of bash. I want it to form 4 equal area windows, dividing my screen into four, when I run bash 4 times. I also would find it helpful if I could create a script that opened certain programs/windows on system startup at certain locations on the screen. Perhaps we could sticky this as a tutorial, it would save a lot of people a lot of time.

As a solution to the second part of your qestion you can always enable the option for KDE to restore last session at startup. This means that if you leave a program/bash open at a certain location at shutdown it will remain there at next startup. By default KDE will always start a new session at each reboot.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Hey m8 something else to have a look at would be "konsole --help-all" especially geometry options for opening bash windows in a certain area and size thats what i use for some scripts.
    Hope that helps m8

Just burned his ISO

You might also find xmonad interesting, its a window manager that uses all space available, nice AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by Kornholijo View Post
    You might also find xmonad interesting, its a window manager that uses all space available, nice AFAIK
    wicked sick