Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Hit by a Bus/Keys to the Kingdom

  1. #11
    Member webtrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Seems like that (safe in CEO office or with tapes etc) is the most workable and reasonable answer. Hmmm is this an opening for new service company?

    Pitch:
    Give me your passwords and secrets. Im trustworthy....Really am!!!!

  2. #12
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webtrol View Post
    Seems like that (safe in CEO office or with tapes etc) is the most workable and reasonable answer. Hmmm is this an opening for new service company?

    Pitch:
    Give me your passwords and secrets. Im trustworthy....Really am!!!!
    I was asked during the audit about offsite storage of our tapes. I don't trust anyone with our tapes, so we currently do not store offsite. I told the auditors that if you read the news, there's dozens of companies that have lost information because they trusted a third party to store their backup tapes offsite.

    My plan for the near future is to purchase another fireproof safe, a smaller one than we have, and keep it down at our plant. Then I will personally transport the tapes back and forth in a company vehicle.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  3. #13
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I was asked during the audit about offsite storage of our tapes. I don't trust anyone with our tapes, so we currently do not store offsite. I told the auditors that if you read the news, there's dozens of companies that have lost information because they trusted a third party to store their backup tapes offsite.

    My plan for the near future is to purchase another fireproof safe, a smaller one than we have, and keep it down at our plant. Then I will personally transport the tapes back and forth in a company vehicle.
    What you need is a waterproof safe. Cause no body would look there.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #14
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What you need is a waterproof safe. Cause no body would look there.
    What do you think? Waterproof safe and then store it at the bottom of our 500,000 gallon silo?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  5. #15
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What do you think? Waterproof safe and then store it at the bottom of our 500,000 gallon silo?
    That should keep it pretty safe. What'cha think?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  6. #16
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That should keep it pretty safe. What'cha think?
    As long as I'm not the one that needs to recover it, I'm fine with that.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  7. #17
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    As long as I'm not the one that needs to recover it, I'm fine with that.
    You might have a hard time getting the boss to pull it up. Or a new sys-admin. I can see it now. "The passwords are where??!!"
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  8. #18
    Senior Member Thorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Green Dome
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    As long as I'm not the one that needs to recover it, I'm fine with that.
    I'd do it for a modest fee. All I need is a AGA MKII and a Viking suit.

    Oh, someone standing by with a pressure washer when I get out would be good, too.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

  9. #19
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I'd do it for a modest fee. All I need is a AGA MKII and a Viking suit.

    Oh, someone standing by with a pressure washer when I get out would be good, too.
    Do you have a good idea how big a 500,000 gallon silo is, also the 'material' that's in there has been 'thickened'.

    You'd be in there for a really long time.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Thorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Green Dome
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Do you have a good idea how big a 500,000 gallon silo is, also the 'material' that's in there has been 'thickened'.
    I knew about the size, but not about the "thickening" part.

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You'd be in there for a really long time.
    The fee just went up.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •