Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit by a Bus/Keys to the Kingdom

Seems like that (safe in CEO office or with tapes etc) is the most workable and reasonable answer. Hmmm is this an opening for new service company?

Pitch:
    Give me your passwords and secrets. Im trustworthy....Really am!!!!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by webtrol View Post
    Seems like that (safe in CEO office or with tapes etc) is the most workable and reasonable answer. Hmmm is this an opening for new service company?

Pitch:
    Give me your passwords and secrets. Im trustworthy....Really am!!!!
    I was asked during the audit about offsite storage of our tapes. I don't trust anyone with our tapes, so we currently do not store offsite. I told the auditors that if you read the news, there's dozens of companies that have lost information because they trusted a third party to store their backup tapes offsite.

My plan for the near future is to purchase another fireproof safe, a smaller one than we have, and keep it down at our plant. Then I will personally transport the tapes back and forth in a company vehicle.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I was asked during the audit about offsite storage of our tapes. I don't trust anyone with our tapes, so we currently do not store offsite. I told the auditors that if you read the news, there's dozens of companies that have lost information because they trusted a third party to store their backup tapes offsite.

My plan for the near future is to purchase another fireproof safe, a smaller one than we have, and keep it down at our plant. Then I will personally transport the tapes back and forth in a company vehicle.
    What you need is a waterproof safe. Cause no body would look there.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What you need is a waterproof safe. Cause no body would look there.
    What do you think? Waterproof safe and then store it at the bottom of our 500,000 gallon silo?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

What do you think? Waterproof safe and then store it at the bottom of our 500,000 gallon silo?
    That should keep it pretty safe. What'cha think?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That should keep it pretty safe. What'cha think?
    As long as I'm not the one that needs to recover it, I'm fine with that.

You might have a hard time getting the boss to pull it up. Or a new sys-admin. I can see it now. "The passwords are where??!!"

I'd do it for a modest fee. All I need is a AGA MKII and a Viking suit.

Oh, someone standing by with a pressure washer when I get out would be good, too.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I'd do it for a modest fee. All I need is a AGA MKII and a Viking suit.

Oh, someone standing by with a pressure washer when I get out would be good, too.
    Do you have a good idea how big a 500,000 gallon silo is, also the 'material' that's in there has been 'thickened'.

You'd be in there for a really long time.

Do you have a good idea how big a 500,000 gallon silo is, also the 'material' that's in there has been 'thickened'.
    I knew about the size, but not about the "thickening" part.

You'd be in there for a really long time.
    The fee just went up.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast