Thread: BT3 package management and sources

Hybrid View

Default BT3 package management and sources

I am trying to install packages with BT3 with slapt-get (like the Debian-way). However, it seems I am missing the "sources" file. Ok that we can create, but then any one has actual working sources for Backtrack (or slax) for that matter?

Not sure about Slax but under Debian, you have experimental, testing and unstable. Is it the case the Slax?

I will do some googling on this, but I decided to open a thread for other users and if we end up with a good "sources" file, we can post it here.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTuser3 View Post
    I am trying to install packages with BT3 with slapt-get (like the Debian-way). However, it seems I am missing the "sources" file. Ok that we can create, but then any one has actual working sources for Backtrack (or slax) for that matter?
    Not sure about Slax but under Debian, you have experimental, testing and unstable. Is it the case the Slax?
    Check here This is the home of slap-get. Or here for more info on the types of sources.
    I will do some googling on this, but I decided to open a thread for other users and if we end up with a good "sources" file, we can post it here.
    Have a look at this thread.
    Slapt-get FAQ
    Slapt-get Readme
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thanks. Are you sure this is the right link? It goes to the profile of pureh@te.

Do you have already a working sources file so we can post it here? Just the basics for a base system, not all your sources in there.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTuser3 View Post
    Thanks. Are you sure this is the right link? It goes to the profile of pureh@te.

Do you have already a working sources file so we can post it here? Just the basics for a base system, not all your sources in there.

Sorry seems it was incorrect, here is the correct one.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=10433

Also changed in the original post.
    Thanks
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.