Thread: Backtrack 2 and 3 bluetooth pin

Hybrid View

Default Backtrack 2 and 3 bluetooth pin

Hey i would like to know how to change the bluetooth pin on backtrack 2.
    So i could try some bluetooth hacking on my cell phone but every time i connect it says i need a pass key but i do not know the pin number so what is it or how do i change it.

And is their anyway that i could set it up so i connect with out it asking for one.

Hey i would like to know how to change the bluetooth pin on backtrack 2.
    So i could try some bluetooth hacking on my cell phone but every time i connect it says i need a pass key but i do not know the pin number so what is it or how do i change it.

And is their anyway that i could set it up so i connect with out it asking for one.
    The pin number is something that you will always need to set up when pairing two devices using bluetooth, regardless of the OS. You will have to input a number of usually 4 digits and repeat the same number on the other device to show that you have the the right to access both devices.

To actually connect to a device and get paired without using the bluetooth is possible on some phones. But this is mainly really old phones which where the very first to implement bluetooth. The pin is however possible to bruteforce using the right tools and hardware.

The interesting part of pin numbers is that many devices that come without any user input devices often use the default pin key of 0000. This goes for a broad range of handsfree devices and kayboards/mouses. Since a passkey that always is the same hardly provides much protection it is possible to intercept these signals with malicious intent easily. I.e. remote keyloggers, eavesdrop on conversations even when the owner is not making a call and inputing arbitrary sounds/messages into the earpiece and so on.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

No no i Know what a PIN is i just do not know what the defalt pin is for backtrack 2 and 3 how do i change this Defalt pin

My point is that there hardly is a default pin on BT in the sence that you are meaning. There might be a defaut ping that will be used unless you manually specify one, but this will be determined by which program you are using for your bluetooth hacking.

My advice would be for you to use the -h, --help and man commands to read up on the program you are using to see if a default pin is mentioned or an option to manually specify one to use. Most likely the default pins will however be either 0000 or 1234.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Go to /etc/bluetooth

Open hcid.conf and find

Code:
    	# Default PIN code for incoming connections
    	passkey "BlueZ";
    I think the default for bt is backtrack ? After adding your new pin, restart bluez

Code:
    bash /etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth restart
    As for not knowing your bluetooth pin and auditing you will have to know the pin of the device you want to connect and not bluez. If not whats the point of an audit that you have to connect the phone to your box ? Unless you are the social engineer daddy of a f**^king good pick pocket lol

I am a noob to this bluetooth lark, and I am currently experimenting myself.
    However I thought the process is to create a file in /etc/bluetooth called pin and put the number in there, seems to work for me.

Just burned his ISO

Works for me as well however once connected to phone properly i still get no results such as obtaining messages, phonebooks etc. has anyone?

I am new to the Bluetooth things also, and just testing this in the lab. I have had some results, however its my understanding not many phones can be exploited in this way, which would explain your findings.

Just burned his ISO

Actually i finally got some results took me a while but so far i can get my phone info and contacts....however i cannot get my phone to dial a number and for messages it just says sms messages and then done (with no messages listed).... but anyways i think this is because my phone in general is limited with bluetooth for example i can only send contacts with other phones so that would explain how come i use the phonebook exploit....

ps: phone is motorola v9m which i was surprised i could get some results with this phone